Friday, 10 May 2013

Another weekend? Keep 'em coming!

Hi there,
Busy couple of days for me so I've not posted too regularly and I apologise for this. Wednesday saw me out for the day shopping and lunching with my pal (and neighbour) Sally. We headed to the mall at Milennia, which is quite upmarket ..... all I bought was a cheese knife though the sales lady in the Coach store tried her best to sell me a new handbag but, at $385 (+ tax) that was a resounding Nooooooooo - shame, it WAS lovely. We followed our shopping with a fab lunch at the Elephant Bar which is adjacent to the mall. We both opted to build a burger - we could truly have shared one as they were huge!! Like Weebles we rolled out of the restaurant and debated what to do next ...... we were so full that the decision was to head home!!!
Hubby had been beavering away all day so, after a second shower (for me) we headed out again and hit both a Michaels and a Hobby Lobby (hubby preferred J C Penney and Lowe's to my offer to accompany me round two craft stores!! SURPRISED? Me either!!!). Nett result? Some new stash though I did have to fight hard to get their advertised deals!!! Michaels had 50% off stamps (Wednesday only) but had failed to make the adjustment on their registers!! Apologies all round and I got my discount. On to Hobby Lobby where they had 40% off stamps ... I gaily headed to the register with my $9.99 set of stamps and was told my total was over $11!!! I expressed surprise (well, that's ONE way of putting it!), the clerk said she was sorry she had thought my purchase was stickers! And hastily rectified her error, again, apologies all round and I left clutching my heavily discounted purchase. Hubby was due to pick me up at 8pm and I was standing outside enjoying the fresher evening air and whipped out my camera to take this shot ....


Sunset over HobbyLobby - S.R. 50


Combined stash haul - the card was on three for $10! (2 pks of 50 and the patterned contains 25)
And Thursday it was out to dinner with our neighbours, Len and Koreen, so another busy day as this involves several hours of chat etc!

I DID, however, manage a little crafting too ..... wanna see? I am very pleased with the silhouette style ladies purchased at the expo last week and have used another below



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Post its - to mask off my rectangle
  • Distress Inks in worn lipstick and dusty concorde applied to masked off area, using a Tim Holtz blending too
  • Water flicked off fingers, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Close to my Heart image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Studiog sentiment shape stamped using Memento tuxedo black - I find that using the versafine ink gives a much more globby image and is liable to blur - just in case any of you were wondering why I used two black inks
And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of Lilian, thanks matey - ENJOY. It came to meal in e-mail form entitled "Meals on Wheels"!!!

Be VEWY VEWY quiet, I'm hunting MEALS ON WHEELS - shhhhh!!!

You gotta wonder what went through the minds of the guys on top of the Land Rover when they turned round and spotted the lion eyeing them up!!!
Wishing a couple of HAPPY BIRTHDAY's here today: my pal's Mat and Len and also an on-line crafting buddy SALLYB - have a fab day peeps. Belated bloggy greetings to Lauren, for yesterday - hope you had a fab day and enjoyed the Star Trek movie!
Happy Friday and have a great weekend



5 comments:

Sue Bridesmith said...

Hmmm, not sure I would still be on top of that truck if I new he was behind me.....
Have a great day out,
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

clare said...

fab sunset, stash and card Kathy. the Friday fun item made me chuckle!

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you got your discount in the end. Must get my voucher for tomorrow at Michaels. Xox

Debs M said...

great picture and stash and those silhouette stamps are fab!

hmm wouldn't be happy if it was me on top of that truck x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Thanks Kathy. I had a really lovely day thanks and Star Trek was BRILLIANT!!! I may have to go and see it again....

Great pics; great project (love those silhouette ladies); great stash; Grrrrreat Friday Funny :oD

Lx