Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Dull, grey and Tuesday!

Hi folks

It was my birthday recently and those who know me best will know how delighted I was to receive this fab pressie from my hubby ...

Yep ... Purple AND with bling - perfect!!!
I also received a huge number of beautiful cards and so many of them hand made that I just have to share ...
 
You may be sensing a pattern here with my shades of purple ribbon enclosures!
 
 
 
 
Of course I got some fab pressies too and want to thank everyone who stopped by to wish me a happy birthday in person, with a card or present or a message - all HUGELY appreciated. I'm sure you can all relate to how much fun I had being spoilt rotten all day - hubby took me shopping (which he almost never does!) and I came home with new shoes and slippers (the slippers were borderline ESSENTIAL as the old ones were a total disgrace and now reside ..... in the bin!). He made me a special lunch and dinner too - yumm. AND I got to receive visits from a number of friends, which is ALWAYS lovely.
 
However, that's the reason for no posts for a few days as I've had little time to craft! I hope to remedy that right now .....
 
The new challenge this past weekend over on the Pan Pastels blog was all about NEW BEGINNINGS! and I went with two options, the first being a card that I was never happy with so I set about concealing the original design (hence matting and layering) and also a retirement card as this also signifies a new beginning .... hope you like it ...


More suited to a female retiree I suspect but .....
 Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm square hot pink card (an offcut from a previous project, not enough to include a layer inside but I DID get a hot pink chevron from what was left, to co-ordinate
  • 11½cm square of white card
  • Distress Inks in picked raspberry and squeezed lemonade swiped over card panel
  • Rubbernecker thistle image stamped on to coloured panel using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Imagine That "happy" and Clearly Wordsworth's "retirement" sentiments stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
As usual, I carried my stamped image across to the insert and envelope



Have a great Tuesday

8 comments:

Katie Berberich said...

You've got to love slippers! So glad you had a good day and look at all those cards! Mine is in the post, unfortunately I forgot about the long weekend so there will be a slight delay :( It does have some purple in though (very pale but just enough).
Gorgeous watch Kathy, well done Steve.
Katie x

Kobie Fouché said...

Happy Belated Birthday Kathy...and that watch is gorgeous...even I like it and I am no purple fan....

clare said...

fab watch and ace cards. glad you had a nice day. x

Debs M said...

So glad you had a lovely day, fabulous cards and love that watch! great make too x

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely array of cards,Kathy....and the watch is perfect.

Brenda Brown said...

Sorry I missed your birthday but it sounds as though you had a good one. I bet you are really happy yo be back in this weather NOT, just like me I expect wishing the sun would shine.
Love the retirement card.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lilian said...

Love the watch Kathy. So many lovely cards. I love the card you have made. Its super. Hugs
lilian

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

First of all . . . sending you BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES and second of all . . . love your retirement card.

Third: GREAT watch!

Fourth: Lovely selection of birthday cards you lucky girl.

Hugs
Sarn xxxx