Saturday, 18 May 2013

Second Post for today

Hi folks,

Second post from me, it's taken me till now to unpack, do what little laundry there was as a result of our sojourn to foreign parts and to clear a path to my craft desk. If you missed my earlier post and have followed a direct link to this one then (if you have both the time and the inclination) see it here

Of course you would know that whatever I made this afternoon would HAVE to involve some new stash and I selected the Dienamics chevron dies - because I've had them for weeks but have no die cutting capabilities on holiday so ...... using the current trend for neon colours I set to work - check it out!



Materials used:
  • White, scallop edged, 300 gsm  13cm square card and matching sized envelope
  • 11½cm square panel of lime green card
  • 11cm square white Ryman's card
  • Magenta image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then cut out before running through my Xyron sticker maker
  • Sheets of card in Neon pink/yellow and lime run through my big shot using my Dienamics chevron dies. I've saved the other bits for another project
  • Hero Arts sentiment - I picked this one because of the warm colours used

Needless to say, this is my entry for this week's challenge over on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog where their new challenge is "Cats and/or dogs" - hope you all approve - there are some splendid entries already.

Anyhoo - I have about a squillion vacation snaps to sort through and file (electronically, t hanks goodness) so this is just a short post from me - hope you'll all stop by tomorrow to see my challenge project for the pan pastels challenge ... I HAVE missed participating in too many challenges

Enjoy the rest of what is really turning in to a lovely Saturday - our cars started and we've done the mega shop that proved necessary - the only downside has been that hubby has discovered we've had mice in our shed whilst we've been away and they've been chowing down on the "all you can eat buffet" that was a large bag of bird seed!! It's EVERYWHERE! Hmmmmmmm

10 comments:

Sue Bridesmith said...

lovely card kathy, and so you have some quite FAT mice in your garage now,
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

Jan Ltc said...

What a fab card xx Jan

Jen said...

fa kitty Kathy

thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Lesley Thomas said...

I'm a sucker for anything with a cat on it. I don't have chevron dies, but I do have a chevron mask, so I could use that to achieve something similar. Thanks for the idea.
(well done for finding your craft desk, and I keep my bird food in a large plastic tub in the shed. So far, no mice attacks).

Chrissie said...

This is one cute kitty Kathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Julia said...

Very nice cat card Kathy. I like the bright colours you used in the zig zag, lovely.

Linby said...

Cute cat and loving the neon chevrons.
Linbyx

Katie Berberich said...

Gorgeous card and I love how you've displayed those dies.
Retched mice, there is noting worse! Hope you are rid of them soon.
Katie x

Linda said...

This is fab Kathy, love the neon chevrons. xx

Jenny said...

Love the mix of neon and black :0) Cute puddy cat Kathy.