Saturday, 11 May 2013

Second post of the day from me

Second post from me today, if you missed my earlier post (and have the time) then click here - there are some wildlife photos as well as some cards to see
 
My regular followers will know that I usually try to enter the weekly challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog and this week is no exception despite being slightly more of a challenge to me in my present location. Never known as a quitter, here's my take ....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12.5cm square card blank cut from a piece of 12" x 12" DCWV pearl card in deep green
  • Rubbernecker Christmas tree image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink and heat set (because of the card surface) though I had to use a hairdryer as I don't have access to a heat gun here.
  • Recollections sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black (and I think you can all see why I used the Versafine on the tree!)
  • Platinum stickles to highlight the tree
 
And here's perhaps a better view of the colour of the base card ...



On our way out yesterday, as I closed the door, I was greeted by the harsh sound of these two chatting to one another!



A pair of Sandhill Cranes, a protected species around these parts! They DO make a mess of the lawns though!!


Happy Saturday

9 comments:

Debs M said...

great card Kathy - love that stamp -it's gorgeous x

Gerrina said...

A beautiful card again and so clever to make Christmas cards already... Have a fun weekend, Gerrina

Chris said...

This is really lovely, Kathy!
Chris
x
PS Your wildlife photos are beautiful!

Dora said...

This is very nice and elegant Kathy, love the clean style.. and nice photo too :) xxx

Katina said...

Gorgeous! Love that stamp.
xx

Margaret said...

Beautiful card Kathy
Margaret x

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely LIM card Matey, nice colour cardstock.

Great to see 'the boys are back in town' LOL

luv
wynneth
x

Suzi B said...

Such a pretty card Kathy, I've had trouble getting a good colour likeness too :)

Suzi B x

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Kathy and the touch of twinkle is super.
Sorry I'm a bit slow getting around to commenting this week but I've been on grandchildren duty since last Thursday!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"