Thursday, 2 May 2013

Thursday and some pix

Morning all,

Firstly, I'd like to welcome new follower, Julie Juhl, hope you find the time to pop back soon.

If you've been following my blog this past week then you will know that I met up with a fellow crafter in Sarasota yesterday, here. We first met in 2009 in Ybor City and decided it was high time we met up again so ...... we agreed to meet for lunch! Naturally, I took my camera so check out the pix below ....... there IS crafting in this post too so please bear with me ..... all the way to the bottom!


As we arrived at Marina Jacks it was "sprinkling"


The view from our lunch table amidst the sprinkles!


As we sheltered from what was decidedly NOT sprinkles we pondered which boat we'd like to own!


L-R: Steve, me, Cheri and Don - taken by a kind bystander


My DELICIOUS blackened grouper sandwich


Steve's delicious seafood salad - mmmm
Of course, we got pretty wet getting back to the car, but it was worth it as we had a lovely lunch, good company and food - great idea Cheri and Don and thanks for meeting up with us. Oh, and, I am SOOOO glad to report that Cheri was delighted with her maze book.

And now for the craft stuff ..... an ATC
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card cut to ATC size
  • Distress Inks: antique linen, tea dye, fired brick, black soot
  • Water spritzed over ATC, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Stampers Anonymous pointing finger and ticket inked up with Memento tuxedo black, stamped off once and then stamped on to the ATC
  • Stampers Anonymous mustache and TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
AND the mustache image was the one in the set that I wondered whether I would use ...... DOH!



Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm scallop edged, C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • As part of the "use up your scraps" exercise I used offcuts of kraft and black card for matting and layering and an odd piece of white for my focal image, which I swiped with Distress Ink in wild honey, spritzed, blotted and then edged using D.I. black soot.
  • Stampers Anonymous mini mustache image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped on to another white offcut using Memento tuxedo black (the versafine is too juicy/oily and simply smudges on such small text)
  • I dabbed the sentiment with my blending tool, without re-inking, and then mounted it on to black card and running both panels through my Xyron sticker maker to apply adhesive.
  • Crop-a-dile used to punch a small hole at each end of the sentiment panel
  • Two "screw head" brads

Hope you all approve ..... "mustashe" off and enter this over on the Simply Less Is More challenge as I used Jen's super sketch ..... again! Thanks, Jen.

Don't forget that you still have a little over a week left to enter the U.S. Mothers Day challenge over on the Hobbycutz challenge blog and you DON'T have to use a hobbycutz die to do so, though there are additional prizes for those who do.

Have a great Thursday peeps

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It's always great to have a meeting with a crafty friend!

Lesley Thomas said...

Lovely pics Kathy, its always nice to meet up with fellow crafters, isn't it?

Brenda Brown said...

Great to meet up with crafting buddies. I will be doing that next week on the west coast. Love your ATC, fabulous stamping and a great card.
Hugs Brenda xox

Jo said...

Both are brilliant! knew straight away which challenge you'd enter with the card ;)
Perfect masculine card & ATC *claps*

Your pics are fab, looks like you had a lovely day.
Have a great weekend
Jo xx

catherine said...

Fabulous pics Kathy and looks like you all had such a great time. it was lovely you and Tiki had the chance to meet. Great art work to and love those stamps
x catherine

Debs M said...

fabby pics Kathy, and i love your makes! x

Chrissie said...

Great pics Kathy, but I really love this version of the sketch!
It's awesome!
Thanks as ever.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lilian said...

Great photo's Kathy, Looks like a lovely place to eat.
Great Atc and card. I am going to meet up with "Sueinstroud" again today, Sue and I are meeting in Dursley. Hugs
lilian