Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Tuesday and the sun is shining - I could get used to this!

Morning all,
 
How's your Tuesday so far?
 
I have been busy already this morning - clumsy too, read on! Regular readers will know that I love to use new stash and today uses a fab image recently acquired at the Kissimmee scrap and stamp expo .....
 
 
Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white, scallop edged C6 card and matching envelope
  • DCWV "Rock Star" card stack for blue matting layer
  • Black card for matting
  • White card panel, masked off using four post its before blending Distress Inks: weathered wood and faded jeans
  • Rubbernecker image stamped using Versafine onyx black
  • Clearly Wordsworth frame stamped in Brilliance Mediterranean Blue and sentiment in Versafine onyx black on to white card and distressed with D.I.'s in weathered wood and faded jeans on to white card and cut out before matting on to black card and cut out again.
  • Crop-a-dile used in conjunction with four small eyelets set in to sentiment panel
 
Sadly, you  have probably spotted a small blemish on my card. It's entirely my own fault - I almost NEVER attach my image panel to the matting layers OR to the card before I've finished stamping BUT (wouldn't you know it) I did this time and then dropped the ink pad. Now, if it had been worse then I would have had no choice but to trash the card. This accident was so small that I hope the recipient will forgive me as I really like the card otherwise ... I may try to conceal with white ink - will see how brave I feel! This card is for a friend who had cataract surgery yesterday - best wishes for a speedy recovery Don and please forgive my clumsiness.

Yesterday we decided to make the most of the sunshine and headed off ..... to St Augustine. It was dull and grey when we left and looked like rain for the first fifty miles but turned out to be a lovely day in St. Augustine, north Florida ...... here are some photos to share with you. I even managed to find a craft store, run by a lady named (and I'm going out on a limb here .....) Claire, who's 77 and planning to retire so, if you find yourself in St. Augustine this year head north on the A1 and it will be on your left ...... well worth a visit.

Claire's Collectibles - I found one (or more) things to buy!

This greeted us as we pulled up at traffic lights

St Augustine is (I believe) the oldest township in Florida

Quaint, or what?

The Lighthouse we found as we headed south out of St Augustine
And the stash I acquired .....
 
 
Happy Tuesday everyone - hope you enjoyed the photos
 

6 comments:

Debs M said...

love the card-it is only a small blemish! fab pics and stash x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a beautiful place. Looks like you found some beautiful things to look at as well as beautiful things to buy. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

It still looks great....dropping the ink pad is something I do far too often!!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great pictures and the card is brilliant (no one woulda noticed the blemish if you hadn't mentioned it!)

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

I never saw the blemish until you spoke of it, then I had to go back and really look hard! Best wishes to Don for a good recovery. Love the pics, especially the spiral light house.

Katie Berberich said...

What a gorgeous place and your pics are great too.
I have my eye on those MFT dies -hide them! lol
Katie