Saturday, 4 May 2013

Welcome to a Bank Holiday weekend

Hi there,

And I hope the weather is going to be nice (hot and sunny would be good) - got plans?

Welcome to SanDee1899, check out her blog here if you like steampunk. Nice to see you SanDee, thanks for following, hope you'll stop by again

Pull up a chair and grab a coffee as this is another slightly photo heavy post from me ......

Yesterday I headed off to the Scrap and Stamp Show at the Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee and managed to take a few photos, apologies that these may not be my best efforts but, inside and with the flash off and all those people ...... I rest my case!!!

It wasn't too bad when I arrived ....... general admission didn't start till 10 and I was there before then .... and chatting to a lady from ...... WILTSHIRE!!!

You can see there are already loads of people milling about looking for their classes

And in under an hour just look at the line for this stall - but with Inkadinkado clear sets at $3 what would you expect??

Sat outside waiting for my ride, what a nice view?

And my stash - well, what I can share with you anyway!
 
Saturday is challenge day for me so I may yet be back later with a second post with some makes.

It's new challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog as well as Addicted to CAS and the Christmas Card Throwdown and Gem of a challenge - all these blogs have links in my side bar of CHALLENGES I LIKE TO ENTER - may see you there!

It's also my turn to present a challenge over on the Craftbubble group Craft Mad and Loving It and I know a lot of people LOVE a sketch, so here's mine ...


You can gussy this up and add a layer of so, if you choose and (of course) you also have to be a member of the Craftbubble forum but if you are and fancy having a go then check it out.

Here's my first take on the challenge......



Materials used:
  • 15cm square, white 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 6.5 x 13 cm black card panel
  • 6 x 12.5cm DCWV Olde World stack
  • White and purple die cut fancy circles
  • Distress Ink dusty concord swiped over the white circle
  • Close to my Heart image stamped using Versafine onyx black on to the circle
  • Close to my Heart sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black in directly on to the base card
 
Right, those who regularly follow my blog may have been thinking "What was she thinking?" about the above card!! I was fine with it right up to the  moment I hit the die cut with the distress ink! It turned (in my eyes) from a pretty CAS card to a ...... train wreck!! In my defence it WAS after midnight when I tackled the project - in retrospect maybe I should have gone to bed and watched "Young Frankenstein" instead!!! - but, you know what it's like with new stash ... anyhoo, refreshed this morning I checked out the Simply Less Is More challenge and set off again. Hope you like my 2nd attempt using the opposing colours from their colour wheel.


My choice? Well, you would KNOW I would use the VIOLET which meant I got to work with bright yellow too.



Materials used:
  • 15 cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • White card panel coloured with a copic before stamping my Kaisercraft "arty" image using Memento grape jelly ink
  • DCWV yellow glitter card for matting.. I sanded the middle upper area in order to give a "key" for my glue when attaching my image panel
  • Die cut fancy circle of white card
  • Close to my Heart musical image stamped using Memento grape jelly
  • Studiog lilac ink sponged around the very edge of the die cut circle to give definition
  • Close to my Heart sentiment stamped directly on to the base card using Memento tuxedo black ink

Have a great weekend, whatever you have planned
 

17 comments:

Debs M said...

my word I would have been in line too!
fabby sketch and great make - love that stamp! x

Brenda Brown said...

Looks like you've had a brilliant day with shopping and makes.
Hugs Brenda xox

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like a fun day...love those 'ladies' stamps.

Sue Bridesmith said...

I to would have been in that line, great stamp and fab card,
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

Gerrina said...

Love your card! The colours are great, but the new stamp is super used in this way! have a nice weekend! Gerrina xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Hiya Matey

I'm so envious of you making it to the Scrap and Stamp event IDD's at $3 ? WOW !! Even better than Michaels with a 40% coupon LOL

Love both cards actually, those are fabby images I must look for them myself in the Autumn. Love the Violet and Yellow LIM version.

Great sketch for CMLI, soon as I'm home and reunited with my stash (or earlier if I raid Dad's) I'll be having a go myself.
luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

Great pics of the show Kathy and hope you had a fantastic time. great looking new stash!!
Fab cards and great colour combos.
x catherine

Jan Ltc said...

This is great love the image xx Jan

clare said...

expo looks fab and so does that new stash. great sketch and love your card. x

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, waht fantastic day at Scrap and Stamp Show, stamps for 3$ aaaahhhhh it´s for to go crazy :D:D:D.
Fantastic card, i LIKE your new musician stamp, gorgeous!!!thank you for share your photos.
A warm hug from Palma

Chrissie said...

Looks like you had fun there Kathy!
Your cards are great, why did I think you might choose a combo with purple?
Super job.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Vicky Hayes said...

It looks as if you've been out and about having fun Kathy! Love the card - and knew you'd choose violet of course! Vicky x

Lynne said...

Ofcourse we all knew it had to be the violet lol.Fab card Kathy, that touch of yellow really sets it off.
Lynne xxx

Sue said...

Brilliant LIM card, Kathy. The stamp is lovely and you've used the colours beautifully.

Jen said...

hope you had fun kathy!!

Fabulous colour choice. Thanks for joining us the week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Jen said...

hope you had fun kathy!!

Fabulous colour choice. Thanks for joining us the week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Katie Berberich said...

Wow, what a fantastic day. Great shots and stash Kathy. Put to great use too.
Katie