Wednesday, 8 May 2013

What's On YOUR Work Desk Wednesday!

Morning peeps, Wednesday again and it will soon be the weekend.
 
I hope you all enjoyed your Bank Holiday weekend and extra day off on Monday, for those of you who actually GOT a day off, that is!
 
It was a warm and sunny weekend for us, though a little cooler than of late - not that I minded that a bit as it's been really rather too warm for me - sorry if that sounds ungrateful!
 
Went to leave the house on Sunday afternoon and, as hubby unlocked the car door, the handle broke!! Ooopsie! So, Monday we rang the garage and arranged to take it in ...... instead of a Chevy Captiva we currently have a Nissan altima. Going from an SUV to a saloon was a bit of a culture shock but it's a nice car and we'll get used to it!
 
Anyway, Tuesday morning a spot of crafting took place. I go in phases of crafting and, for a while, did nothing but the post-it distress method on all my cards. It's been a while and I tried it again at the weekend - on a card I can't share with you just yet as it's a get well card for a pal. However, I'm now back in this particular groove so, here's one I CAN share!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, scallop edged 300 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 2 sheets of 20 x 20cm DCWV "Rockstar" stack card cut to 13.5cm square (1 for the insert) - the pink foiled image is actually a whole load of lips ..... not a sheet I thought I was ever going to use!
  • 2 sheets of 13cm square white card (1 for the insert)
  • Post its to mask a random shape slightly smaller than my image
  • Distress Inks: worn lipstick and dusty concorde
  • Close to my Heart image stamped in coloured panel (insert and envelope) using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Clearly Wordsworth sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink at the same angle as the top of my coloured panel
 
Last night saw us dining in one of our favourite restaurant chains ..... the Red Lobster (we LURVE their cheddar bay biskwits!) - this particular branch is in Winter Haven. I tried their parmesan crusted tilapia - very nice indeed. However, on the way there, we visited Eagle Lake - nice huh?




And now - since it's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, here is my workdesk ....
 
 
 
A couple of our friend's loaned us some DVD's last week and, since there was nothing on the TV, we sat and watched "Sweeny Todd" - anyone else seen it? Is it me or is it a slightly macabre theme to make in to a blooming musical? And, once again, is it me or was the singing by both Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter a bit, well, rough!!! I'm glad to have seen it but soooo very glad we didn't pay to see it in the cinema! We've a couple of other DVD's to watch including "Quantum of Solace" - any thoughts on this one movie critics?
 
Happy hump day Wednesday too!!!


8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Purple Pal. I am LOVING those new silhouette stamps you've acquired. Another fabulicious card there... You work desk is looking like a hive of activity too. Woohoo!

Eagle Lake is, indeed, beautiful. Sounds like the cherry on the icing on the cake after those Biskwits.

Sweeney T not a winner for us either. Our copy resigned to the bin I'm afraid... nuff said

Have a good day.

Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy . . . really love your tres chic and modern card today.

Never seen Sweeny Todd.

Absolutely LOVE Quantum of Solace. Methinks Daniel Craig is THE coolest and dishy Bond ever. ENJOY!

xxx

Sue Bridesmith said...

Hi Kathy,
you must watch Quantum of Solace with Daniel Craig, he is such a piece of eye candy......and the film is good to, oh by the way the card is luvvly too.....
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

Debs M said...

great card - loving that stamp! Lovely pictures too! hmm ST not great..not sure about quantum of solace - oh well, enjoy! x

Chris said...

Super-stylish card, Kathy! Very nice!
Chris
x

Katie Berberich said...

I love your groove Kathy! It always looks so perfect.
Your beautiful photos made me smile, hope you are having a great time in the sun.
Katie x

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and love the pink and black. Glad you enjoyed your meal. I have seen the film and it was a bit rough for me also but watched it till the end.
x catherine

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. The pictures are great. Hugs
lilian