Friday, 7 June 2013

Friday Funny alert - to start the weekend off just right!!!

Morning fellow bloggers,

Not much on the old crafting front yesterday as hubby and I were out for much of the day, domestic chores and visiting family kept us busy.

There's a fab challenge launched today over on the CASual Friday's blog, it's struck a chord with me .... it's BANNERS and/or FLAGS ..... which I hope to get round to later ...

In the meantime, I've made a tag for a gift for a pal who's birthday is next week. Her gifts are wrapped in light blue and then placed in a deeper blue bag ....


Materials used:
  • Manila tag, washed with distress stains in tumbled glass and bundled sage, spritzed with water which was allowed to develop before blotting with paper towel.
  • Close to my Heart number image stamped across the bottom and the 7 Gypsies "page" image across the top left using Distress Ink in tumbled glass
  • The 7 Gypsies images of the bicycle and hand were stamped using Distress Ink faded jeans
  • Kaisercraft "Arty" image stamped using Distress Ink in bundled sage
  • TPC Studio sentiment inked using Memento Paris dusk
  • and finally, I traced platinum stickles around the outer edge for a bit of bling!

 
 
And now, for the Friday Funny brought to us this week courtesy of my pal Liz, who recently had a hip replacement - I'm sure this explains her humour this week!!!! ENJOY
 

 I called your house the other day and was told you were down at your favourite biker bar with some friends.
I wasn't sure where that was, but was told I wouldn't have much trouble finding it.
Sure enough, I drove just a couple blocks and there it was...
There is nothing like the feel of the sun on your face and the wind in your hair, is there?
 
 


Apologies for any typo's you may spot in this post ..... bloggers spell checker's having an epi and just doesn't want to check my spelling!!! Happy Days!

Happy Friday peeps - have a great weekend


4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - yes, I think I can see where Liz's mind was heading with this one :oD

Love your tag. I do like the penny farthing image very much.

Have a good weekend matey

Lx

Viv's Visuals said...

Making the most of a wireless connection for quick visits round my fave blogs!Hope BT get their act together as promised by Monday... your post made me smile (as always!) and the tag is just fab! x

Debs M said...

fabulous tag, love the ff x

Darnell J Knauss said...

That's a cool tag, Kathy!

I split a side over your Friday funny today which I promptly cut and pasted and emailed to Mister and his decade-older riding friend. (They are currently enjoying a ride around Arizona.) It's good for them to see this funny in a life-is-too-short kinda way. It reinforces that the trip they are currently on is so important in a do-it-while-you-still-can kinda way. So, thanks!

Hey can you email me at darnell dot knauss at gee mail dot com? (My address is on my profile page if that doesn't make sense.) I have a Friday funny to send you. It's not terribly riskA and I thought it was pretty funny, but I have kids of friends who read my blog and ... well ... so I thought you might like to run it, if you haven't run it in the past.

I didn't see an email address for you on your blog. Am I blind?

Have a great weekend! (I know you always do!!) Cheers! xxoo Darnell