I'm quite excited today (a 9½ a scale of 1 - 10!!! ask me again later though and it will probably be an 11) as I've a crafting pal heading my way (shortly) as I type this .......... her train should arrive a little before 15:00. We can craft the afternoon away and I've a table booked at a local restaurant tonight. And tomorrow? Well, we're heading to Snazzys in Swindon where we will meet up with two more crafting buddies for light shopping and lunch before a mixed media workshop! WOO HOO!!! There it goes, just hit 10!
Yesterday, I had a little clear up, my crafting bud is staying the night so I figured I'd better at least clear up the bedroom so she could get in to a bed!!! Having dusted and vacuumed to within an inch (if you believe that .........) it was time for a little light relief in the shape of some crafting, after all, I KNEW I would have to clear a space to craft tidily with Wynneth so ....
I needed to cunning "conceal" a bottle ......... I found a bottle bag in my stash and decided to make a tag and a Clean And Simple thank you card to accompany said bottle .....
|Bottle bag and tag with the card too|
|A better view of the card|
- Bottle bag
- 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Offcuts of red card, stamped with my Inkylicious checkerboard image and Versafine onyx black ink
- GO KREATE fancy tag die - cut two, one red (now stamped) card and one white card
- Black card for matting
- Craft Stamper free circular image, stamped on to white card, die cut to a circle and sponged with Distress Ink festive berries
- Red organza ribbon (for tag and also tied round the co-ordinating panel on the card)
- Imagine That sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink. Cut in to banner shape at one end before matting on to red and then black layers
- Faux crystal gemstones (6) to finish
As usual I carried the design across to the insert by swiping the festive berries down one side before stamping the checkerboard and sentiment using Versafine onyx black ink. The above project is for our friends Mary and Barry who we'll be seeing on Tuesday, it's been too long.
Of course, all on purpose, we were wakened this morning to the dulcet tones of the crows (or jackdaws or whatever the heck they are!!) Someone once told me that crows are more solitary so they were more likely to be jackdaws, Since the collective noun for jackdaws is a train or a chattering I prefer to think in terms of the collective noun for crows, which is MURDER!!! At 04:30 that is really what I'm thinking!!! Grrrr, this morning it was our own turn as they were stomping around on our roof wearing their little Doc Martens!, and, because of this I only had the opportunity to photograph a very small percentage (10-15%) of the total of the feathered wee beasties but, trust me, at that time in the morning it sounds like there are MILLIONS up there!
|Crows, jackdaws ...... whatever!|
I recently found a new challenge blog, just about to launch (July 5th) and signed up as a follower. It's called Crafts-toochallengeyou. They now have over 50 followers and have decided to add more bits and pieces to their launch giveaway, see details here
And now for the Friday Funny, passed on to me by my hubby this week, please read carefully and .... ENJOY