Friday, 21 June 2013

Friday Funny alert!

Morning readers, the next weekend starts today!

I'm quite excited today (a 9½  a scale of 1 - 10!!! ask me again later though and it will probably be an 11) as I've a crafting pal heading my way (shortly) as I type this .......... her train should arrive a little before 15:00. We can craft the afternoon away and I've a table booked at a local restaurant tonight. And tomorrow? Well, we're heading to Snazzys in Swindon where we will meet up with two more crafting buddies for light shopping and lunch before a mixed media workshop! WOO HOO!!! There it goes, just hit 10!

Yesterday, I had a little clear up, my crafting bud is staying the night so I figured I'd better at least clear up the bedroom so she could get in to a bed!!! Having dusted and vacuumed to within an inch (if you believe that .........) it was time for a little light relief in the shape of some crafting, after all, I KNEW I would have to clear a space to craft tidily with Wynneth so ....

I needed to cunning "conceal" a bottle ......... I found a bottle bag in my stash and decided to make a tag and a Clean And Simple thank you card to accompany said bottle .....

Bottle bag and tag with the card too
A better view of the card

Materials used:
  • Bottle bag
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Offcuts of red card, stamped with my Inkylicious checkerboard image and Versafine onyx black ink
  • GO KREATE fancy tag die - cut two, one red (now stamped) card and one white card
  • Black card for matting
  • Craft Stamper free circular image, stamped on to white card, die cut to a circle and sponged with Distress Ink festive berries
  • Red organza ribbon (for tag and also tied round the co-ordinating panel on the card)
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink. Cut in to banner shape at one end before matting on to red and then black layers
  • Faux crystal gemstones (6) to finish

As usual I carried the design across to the insert by swiping the festive berries down one side before stamping the checkerboard and sentiment using Versafine onyx black ink. The above project is for our friends Mary and Barry who we'll be seeing on Tuesday, it's been too long.

Of course, all on purpose, we were wakened this morning to the dulcet tones of the crows (or jackdaws or whatever the heck they are!!) Someone once told me that crows are more solitary so they were more likely to be jackdaws, Since the collective noun for jackdaws is a train or a chattering I prefer to think in terms of the collective noun for crows, which is MURDER!!! At 04:30 that is really what I'm thinking!!! Grrrr, this morning it was our own turn as they were stomping around on our roof wearing their little Doc Martens!, and, because of this I only had the opportunity to photograph a very small percentage (10-15%) of the total of the feathered wee beasties but, trust me, at that time in the morning it sounds like there are MILLIONS up there!

Crows, jackdaws ...... whatever!

 I recently found a new challenge blog, just about to launch (July 5th) and signed up as a follower. It's called Crafts-toochallengeyou. They now have over 50 followers and have decided to add more bits and pieces to their launch giveaway, see details here


And now for the Friday Funny, passed on to me by my hubby this week, please read carefully and  .... ENJOY
 

This is a deceptively simple philosophy I have been refining for most of my life.


I am delighted to say I believe I have its essence - at least sufficient to share it with a select band of friends who will appreciate its proportions, elegance and simplicity.

 
 
 
Have a great weekend peeps.


7 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty bag decorations Kathy, and please tell DH I love the diagram. I think I'm at that last flat line stage now!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Terrific bag and tag.

Oh those NAUGHTY birds . .. I was listening to the dawn chorus this morning . . . but it was pretty garden birds not whatever racket you have. Although I do have a problem with early morning screaming seagulls quite often!

Liked the chart . .. think I've flatlined! xxxx

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you've got a great weekend planned.

Brenda Brown said...

Yep I think you could say I don't most of the time lol.
Thanks for the heads up for our new challenge, I really appreciate that and have a fun weekend with Wynneth and enjoy the workshop, sounds like great fun. LOve your thank you bag and card for your friends.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

great make = love the ff! roll on tomorrow!! x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Brilliant funny, brilliant! I can personally attest to those findings! Love your tag and card, Kathy. I know you are having a fantastic weekend with your buddies!! Yippee!!

Lilian said...

Love the bag, Tag and card Kathy, The F F is great to. Hugs
lilian