Sunday, 2 June 2013

Lazy Sunday

Morning fellow bloggers,
 
Another sunny day here and I hope it may be with you all too. Got plans? I've a day on my own as the husband has his model club BBQ today - I've been left with half a pack of sausages and some bread rolls so I guess I'm doing hot dogs for lunch - much like he'll be having but his will be BBQ'd and mine will be grilled! Mmmmmm

On to the days crafting, yesterday there were two challenges for me to enter: one with a theme of yellow and red and the other with the theme to use ribbon, both on the crafting forum www.craftbubble.com - I've been a member of craftbubble since it started back in November of 2008 but, just lately, we've been beset by spammers (much like my blog before I turned off anonymous comments - since then nothing!) and I find myself wondering what might be done about it - any ideas? I've tried e-mailed them. However, I digress, on with the one card fits both challenges .......
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square red card panel
  • 13½cm square yellow card panel
  • White card panel cut to fit my image and coloured using pan pastels in red through to yellow, fixed with hairspray
  • Black card off cut panel to mat
  • Kaisercraft "Arty" image stamped on to PP panel using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Red fabric ribbon
  • White grosgrain ribbon coloured using a CT3 spectrum noir alcohol marker and tied in an off centre knot
 
And over on the Pan Pastels challenge blog their new challenge is to make a tag or, if not a tag, then to feature a tag within the project. I've started work but I suspect that the finished project won't appear until at least tomorrow!!! Here's how it's looking right now ...

Jus the tag with the stencilled gel medium

An with inks sprayed ...


Materials used:
  • Manila tag
  • Claudine Hellmuth gel medium applied using a Dunelm Mill plastic spatula (from Craftathon - Feb 2013)
  • TCW stencil - mini beads
  • Dylusions inks in yellow, red and purple + Adirondack espresso

Whilst I wait for layers to dry I am reading "The Killing Floor" by Lee Child - riveting stuff - anyone else read any books by this author?

Happy Sunday everyone, make the most of the weather while it lasts!


5 comments:

Debs M said...

looks fabby Kathy x

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and great use of the colours. Tag looks interesting too.
Hope hubby enjoyed his day out and you enjoyed your hot dogs!!
I must admit there are a lot of spammers over at the bubble and such a shame for everyone posting in the gallery . I have no idea how you could overcome this issue!
x catherine

Lesley Thomas said...

That is a favourite stamp, and seems to work in lots of different situations. The tag is also looking good, so I look forward to the finished product. Not read the book, but I might have to look see if it's on Kindle. Hope you enjoyed your hot dogs!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely vibrant card and great looking tag so far! As you know . . . I made a few tags recently!!!!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Katie Berberich said...

Such a shame to hear that about Craftbubble, let's hope they can sort it.
I also got strange comments before changing settings too -crazy people out there!
Your challenge card is lovely.
Katie