Monday, 3 June 2013

Monday - SUN day!!!

Morning readers

Strangely enough (for the recent U.K. weather) we've had three pretty brilliant days weather and have made the most of it.

Yesterday, hubby was at a model club BBQ for much of the day (leaving me free to craft without guilt) and had a brilliant time with his fellow modellers - a real man-day! - it was still going on at 18:00!, not that hubby was there all that time but we went out for a potter and ended up back at the field - to double check everything was ship shape and put away safely.

Male bonding day at the field

And, as for my tag, I decided I didn't really care for the way it looked yesterday so started on plan B ....


Materials used:
  • Titanium white acrylic smooshed over the inked tag because I wasn't 100%b happy with the spray ink results - you know what they say "there are NO mistakes in art"!!!
  • Dimension crackle stamp inked up with Memento grape jelly and randomly stamped
  • Kaisercraft grid image inked up with Memento rich cocoa and randomly stamped
  • Inkylicious ink blot inked up with Adirondack red pepper and randomly stamped
  • I then rubbed the images to removed the ink from most of the stencilled gel medium before heat setting.
I suspect there will be more work on it later today and I hope to post the finished tag tomorrow and will then enter it for the Pan Pastels challenge and possibly the Fashionable Stamping Challenge too - we'll see!

Happy Monday - enjoy the weather as it looks like another nice day today


6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Glad to hear the BBQ went well yesterday and a fun time was had by all. I confess I am mystified as to why you weren't happy with your taggy but I must say it's look fahhhhbulous so clearly you were right :oD

Lx

Katie Berberich said...

Happy Monday Kathy. Glad to hear that the weather has been good to you. Your tag looks lovely, I wonderful what the finished piece will look like.
Great pic of the "Model enthusiasts".
Have a great week.

Katie

scrappyjacky said...

The tag looks gorgeous....as does the weather!

Brenda Brown said...

The tag is looking good so far Kathy, looking forward to seeing it finished. Great weather again today, I have enjoyed doing some gardening.
Have a good week.
hugs {brenda} x0x

catherine said...

Sounds like a good day was had yesterday. Tag looks great and lovely colours
x catherine

Lilian said...

Love the affect on the Tag. Glad Steve enjoyed himself at the BBQ. Hugs
lilian