Just practising with new laptop and windows VIII - so far so good!!! Hubby's also updated my internet browser and e-mail programme so everything's a little odd and different right now!! I'm sure I'll get used to it all very soon but ..... wish me luck!
Saturday's are challenge days for me and today (I HOPE) will be no different. I like to have a go at several, if time allows, and you can see the ones I usually choose in the sidebar on the right of my blog, but here are just a couple ..
On the craftbubble group "Craft Mad and Loving It", Louise has set the theme "HOME AND/OR AWAY
And on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog their new challenge involves using "THE COLOUR OF YOUR FRONT DOOR"!! Mine's brown!
So, I set out to make a card which fits both challenges ........
- 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Off cut of DCWV brown glitter card and an off cut of black card, for matting (not use of offcuts ... AGAIN!)
- White card cut to fit my offcuts and yes, this was NOT a new piece either!
- Distress Inks in tea dye and vintage photo dragged across white card panel
- Hero Arts skyline stamped on to D.I. panel using Versafine onyx black (I considered using Memento rich cocoa but decided it wouldn't show up too well)
- Sentiment stamped on to yet another off cut of white card using Memento rich cocoa, trimmed to banner shape and then a brown marker used to edge the sentiment before mounting on to black card and trimming too. It's a wood mounted sentiment but there is no manufacturers name on it!
And, as per the LIM challenge - here's a photo of the front door in question!
Have a great weekend everyone - looks like sunshine MIGHT just be a possibility in many parts of the U.K. this weekend. Hark ...... is that the sound of a million BBQ's all being lit at the same time!?!?!???