Saturday, 1 June 2013

Saturday Chatterday

Welcome to flaming June everyone - hope you have SUNSHINE. I was beginning to think that one of my almost F.F.'s was beginning to come true .....


Just practising with new laptop and windows VIII - so far so good!!! Hubby's also updated my internet browser and e-mail programme so everything's a little odd and different right now!! I'm sure I'll get used to it all very soon but ..... wish me luck!

Saturday's are challenge days for me and today (I HOPE) will be no different. I like to have a go at several, if time allows, and you can see the ones I usually choose in the sidebar on the right of my blog, but here are just a couple ..

On the craftbubble group "Craft Mad and Loving It", Louise has set the theme "HOME AND/OR AWAY

And on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog their new challenge involves using "THE COLOUR OF YOUR FRONT DOOR"!! Mine's brown!

So, I set out to make a card which fits both challenges ........



Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cut of DCWV brown glitter card and an off cut of black card, for matting (not use of offcuts ... AGAIN!)
  • White card cut to fit my offcuts and yes, this was NOT a new piece either!
  • Distress Inks in tea dye and vintage photo dragged across white card panel
  • Hero Arts skyline stamped on to D.I. panel using Versafine onyx black (I considered using Memento rich cocoa but decided it wouldn't show up too well)
  • Sentiment stamped on to yet another off cut of white card using Memento rich cocoa, trimmed to banner shape and then a brown marker used to edge the sentiment before mounting on to black card and trimming too. It's a wood mounted sentiment but there is no manufacturers name on it!

And, as per the LIM challenge - here's a photo of the front door in question!



Have a great weekend everyone - looks like sunshine MIGHT just be a possibility in many parts of the U.K. this weekend. Hark ...... is that the sound of a million BBQ's all being lit at the same time!?!?!???

24 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy, great way to incorporate your colour. I'd have a bit of a problem though, as my door is white!

Lilian said...

Like the card kathy. Wall to wall sun here and its lovely. Hope to get a bit of crafting done this morning and might go out in the garden later.
Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

Wall-to-wall sunshine here as well....hopefully now summer is actually installed!!!!

Chrissie said...

This looks great...I'm back in the UK from Italy and hope to warm up a little!
Thanks so much Kathy
Chrissie
Less is More

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. Still not looking very sunny here but maybe it will improve during the day (fingers crossed).

You're quick out of the starting gate today and I'm loving your CAS card in its shades of brown.

Have a great weekend

Lx

Gillian R said...

Fab card Kathy, it's great to finally be seeing a bit of sunshine!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy

Lotsa sunshine here so far - I've been out in the garden with a book and a coffee.

Love your LIM card. Perfect.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

GinaA said...

Stunning card Kathy, I am amazed at how many of us have brown doors! Very sunny here today if a bit on the chilly side.

Chris said...

Fabulous card, Kathy! Yesterday was glorious here, spent the day on the beach... today it's overcast... but at least not cold and wet!
Chris
x

Fiona said...

Lovely card Kathy, we've had sun but you couldn't say it was hot.

sally said...

Love your door colours card, I'd just done a house "moo" challenge, never thought to do it the door colours tho'!

Sally

Oh, I see you too have the summer failure to load piccie! It is so true up here on Scotland's east coast :-(

Sally

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and fits both challenges well. Have a good weekend
x catherine

Margaret said...

Lovely card Kathy - sun is shining here, but for how long?? :0)

Debs M said...

great card Kathy - fabby stamps x

Anita said...

Beautiful card, I love the way you put the brown ink on it, great effect!
Thanks for visting my blog and your kind comment :)
Anita

The Crafty Laydee said...

What a great card-fabulous stamping and a great use of your door colour :)
I think this has to be the most fun challenge yet at LIM and i am really enjoying visiting everyones Blogs (and front doors!)this week.
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Monica said...

Such a sweet card.
I love that bit on British summer - it made me smile.

Linby said...

Fab card, love how you used the stamp.
Linbyx

Craftilicious said...

Great card - love the swiped ink background

It certainly was bbq central round here yesterday but that was in part due to the power cut!

Tara

Craftilicious said...

Great card - love the swiped ink background

It certainly was bbq central round here yesterday but that was in part due to the power cut!

Tara

Katie Berberich said...

Lol that's excellent and so very true :)

Katie

Valerie said...

Fab card Kathy, love that swiped DI behind the buildings, very effective! Love your front door too:)
Val x

Jan Ltc said...

This looks great xx Jan

Jen said...

I'm really sorry for my late visit.. just wanted to pop over and say Hi
Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"