Sunday, 16 June 2013

Sunday morning and it's grey again here!

Morning readers out there in blogland,
 
How's your Sunday? I imagine that many of you are busy with Fathers Day "stuff" and, to all Father's, I say HAPPY FATHERS DAY.
 
Sadly, it's a dull and grey day here but I hope the rain will keep off of whatever outdoor plans you all may have for the day.
 
My hubby, though not ACTUALLY a dad is off celebrating Father's Day by spending it at a Model Flying Display (put on by the club he belongs to) within a Classic Car show - his idea of the perfect day! It leaves me free to craft and watch anything I want on TV although, right at the moment I have Nickelback BLASTING out on the sound system - I still want to call it a stereo but it's actually using the TV sound - we no longer have a stereo! Is that an age thing, still wanting to call it a stereo?!?!?!
 
Over on the Pan Pastel blog their challenge celebrates Father's Day with a MASCULINE theme.I had THE perfect off cut from yesterday and am really trying (HARD but it's just not always possible) to use up off cuts ..... aside from the grey ATC blank no new pieces of card were harmed in this exercise! You don't HAVE to use pan pastels on your piece (and they actively encourage entries other than cards) but you do have the chance to WIN some!!! Heavens, I was first to post there too - yee haa!
 
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • Dark grey ATC blank
  • Offcut of black card which turned out not to need ANY trimming at all!!!
  • The Distressed background off cut from yesterdays LIM project (for method, see yesterday's post)
  • Images from the Stampers Anonymous Time Traveller set - Cogs/wheels image stamped using Memento Paris Dusk and the Gentleman using Versafine onyx black
  • Finally, I spritzed with shimmer goosebumpz spray as this seals, gives texture and gives a richer blue tone too
 
I'm also entering this over at the Anything but a card challenge blog where this weeks challenge is also MASCULINE.

I've also posted a little tutorial about the above technique - you can see it here

Have a great Sunday

12 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I think we do actually still have a stereo!!
Love the masculine card.

Chris said...

Fabulous stamping, Kathy!
Chris
x

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

This is fantastic, Kathy.

clare said...

fab image Kathy.

catherine said...

This looks great Kathy and a fab colour. love all the background. Thanks for the tutorial and I must have a go.
Hope a good day has been had at the model club
x catherine

Julia said...

Great ATC Kathy, I like those sketchy images.

Debs M said...

great effect Kathy - looks fab x

Lilian said...

That is really fab Kathy. Love it.
Hugs
lilian

Terry said...

Fabulous Background, thank you for sharing your project with the DT from PanPastel UK, hugs Terry xxxx

Spyder said...

ohoo very clever, love the background colour and that stamped image too, must get my paints out now, and dabble!!
(Lyn))

Maisie Moonshine said...

Wow, this is so effective. Fab. MMx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really gorgeous, I love the beautiful blue background, thank you for joining in with the PanPastel UK Challenge blog
Lindsay xx