Thursday, 27 June 2013

Thursdays project

Morning all,
 
I need a ruby wedding anniversary card in the coming weeks and this is what I came up with - I'm still debating the sentiment. Part of me is thinking a sentiment panel across the bottom and part of me is thinking banner shaped sentiment diagonally across the top left - whaddya reckon? I'd value your opinions readers ........
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black and red card for matting and die cutting in to scallop oval
  • White card for matting, run through my big shot in a Tim Holtz embossing folder and then rubbed with a Color Box gold ink pad
  • White card die cut in to a plain edged oval
  • Kaisercraft crackle image stamped on to the white oval using Color Box gold ink
  • Kaisercraft Checkerboard image stamped on to base card using Memento rich cocoa
  • Habico couple image stamped on to white card using Color Box black pigment ink and then triple embossed with clear white embossing powder to give a high gloss finish
  • Alcohol markers to colour the dress
  • Red/white bakers twin tied round the black/red/white panel and in to an off centre knot incorporating a heart charm
 
Have a great Thursday

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Morning Kathy. A beautifully framed image and a lovely heart charm to go with it. I think a narrow rectangular sentiment at the bottom would look good.
Have a great day.
hugs {brenda} x0x

scrappyjacky said...

Very elegant,Kathy.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely card.

For what it's worth, I'd put the sentiment along the bottom as you already have diagonals on the embossing and I'm guessing the sentiment banner would be stuck on counter to them - which might confuse things?

Hugs
Sarn xxx