Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Tuesday and it's TAG day!!!

Morning peeps,
 
Another sunny day here and I hope you are all "enduring" more of the same!! Woken early by both blackbirds AND sparrows - each vying for the role of loudest songbird this morning!! Still, better than listening to traffic noise (or those dratted crows!!)
 
Did some more work on the tag and THINK I've finished it now .... see what you all think. Still debating some gold or silver gelato round the outside - what do you think - overkill or not? Should I STEP AWAY FROM THE TAG??
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • Pewter grosgrain ribbon
  • Tim Holtz ticket, with Distress Ink in pumice stone swiped across and then spritzed with water, allowed to develop and then blotted with paper towel
  • Tim Holtz pin
  • Twine tied in to a bow
  • Costco Scrap book kit chipboard square (backed with black card) and the front painted with onyxite treasure gold (it was way too bright a pink design before this step!)
  • Glossy accents used to fill the square before pouring in glass beads
  • Aged metal star brad punched through
  • Close to my Heart numbers image stamped across the bottom of the tag using Versafine onyx black ink
 
In case you can't remember the other phases - here's a reminder, starting with the most recent post (from Sunday)
 
Here's how it looked yesterday (see list of materials here)
 
Here's how it ended day one - see materials posted here
 
 
Here's how it started life

 
I'm entering this tag for the following challenges:
 
 
Have a great Tuesday everyone



13 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

And there was me thinking I'd spent a lot of time making tags! This is absolutely gorgeous as it is Kathy. But if you WANT to add a little gold here and there . . . I think it could take it!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

great Tag kathy. I thinkits great as it is, Its how you feel about it. Hugs Lilian

scrappyjacky said...

I also think a little bit of gold would look good.
Happy sunshine to you.

Brenda Brown said...

Love how this has come together Kathy, gorgeous colours and great layers. I would ink the edge lightly if it were me, but then that's the vintage in me.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lesley Thomas said...

It looks good to me, but I don't think a little bling would be completely over the top, and why not if you feel like it?

Debs M said...

great make Kathy x

Claudia said...

great tag, love the background.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fascinating tag with a great background. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous tag, I love that background, it's gorgeous
Lindsay xx

lucyscraftycards said...

Fab tag - really interesting to see all the steps!

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

A gorgeous tag, Kathy,

Have a wonderful weekend

Brenda Brown said...

Just popped back to say thank you for sharing this fabulous tag at PanPastel UK and FSC.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Terry said...

Very pretty tag and I love that colorful background! Thank you for joining in at FSC!