Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Tuesday Trivia

Morning readers
 
Well, yet another dull and grey day has dawned here but at least it's not raining!!! Yee Haa

Imagine my surprise last night when I swung by my blog to check out new posts from followed blogs and any new comments that may have appeared on my own ....... Opened up my dashboard and found about 30 new posts from blogs I follow ..... except that they were ALL from an on-line loan company that I'd never heard of, let alone followed! Grrrr, spammers!! Needless to say, I just left well enough alone as I imagine that the very thing I wanted to do (which was visit their blog and give them a piece of my mind) was EXACTLY what they wanted - I HOPE they won't be back though as I may miss some genuine posts from blogs I follow. So, if you don't see me visiting your blog it may NOT be due to laziness on my part and I apologise.

Anyhoo, on to the real reasons for this post ..... 1) I have a card to share with you and 2) I have news of a new blog I spotted on a blog hop earlier.

First out of the gate is the card I have to share with you all - a bit of a marathon make, if you ask me ... read on:



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 12½cm square piece of Kraft card and an off cut for matting
  • 12cm square piece of Teresa Collins designer paper, free with a recent issue of Card Making and Paper Craft
  • Black card for matting
  • Tan organza ribbon knotted off centre
  • White card panel colour with Distress Ink in wild honey, splashed with water and allowed to develop before blotting with paper towel
  • Inkylicious floral background stamped on to image panel using Memento tangelo (stamped off once each inking to make it more subtle)
  • Dina Wakley image stamped using Memento rich cocoa

I can tell you now that this is recycling at its very best as I had made what I felt was a sub standard card .... I knew as soon as I finished it because I never quite got round to the insert or envelope! This explains the edge to edge use of the patterned paper. It gets better, my original image panel was distressed using tea dye before stamping with a stark black thistle image. It's a shame I ever glued it down as .... guess what? I NEVER LIKED IT. So, it sat on my desk for two days whilst I thought about it .... or should I say dreamt about it as I woke up this morning with the finished card you see before you, in my head!! Phewwwwww - I used to like making QUICK cards - this was NOT one of them!
 
And the new challenge blog on the block? .... launching on July 5th 2013 but offering a giveaway as we speak. It's called CraftsTooChallengeYou and is open to all crafters - why not pop across and check them out to see if it's for you.
 
Fab giveaway huh!?
 
 
Thanks for stopping by -  have a fun day

9 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yes indeed, ruddy Spammers. Have these people really got nothing better to do. They make me sick.

Congrats on a splendid rescue operation with your card. It was definitely worth your trouble.

Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Fab inky card Kathy. Good rescue!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great card. Thumbs down to spammers.

Brenda Brown said...

Great you got the card completed it was worth the time and effort it took. Thanks for your lovely messages and for giving a heads up for the new challenge blog.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Debs M said...

looks great Kathy - you would never know it was upcycled ;)x

catherine said...

Looks a fantastic card Kathy. I do that - don't like something - throw it in the box and then suddenly I have the perfect card for it!!
x catherine

Lilian said...

Kathy. What a lovely rescue. a great card. I am sure if it had been me it would have been in the bin. Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Well done for recycling a card you didn't like - that takes imagination and persistence! Sorry about the spammers though, that's a so and so.

Katie Berberich said...

Darn those spammers! They are frustrating, makes you think twice about putting yourself out there. I've had some rather dodgy visitors confusing my "girly girl" candy for something else!! Uh... Nope, hence the fact I also deleted "picture post's" that we're getting too many hits from a dodgy source. They need to get a life. Made me feel awful.
I will be very careful what I write from now on!
Your card is very elegant, worth the hard work. Another challenge ay?
Katie