Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Welcome to the mid week ...

Afternoon readers,
 
It's a lovely day here and there are plans afoot for a BBQ - hubby's been shopping this morning and returned laden with BBQ-esque food - bring it on!
 
However, before that can happen I've an afternoon visiting with a pal so I mustn't stop long otherwise I'll be late!
 
Not much in the way of crafting but ..... on a recent trip to Costco I returned home with a perfectly splendid roll of red polka dot ribbon, to use with my brown kraft paper so, this morning, I set about making a tag for a guy ....
 
The reverse of the tag

And the front!
 
 
Materials used:
  • Tag blank die cut using Rymans white card
  • Dark Room Door spotty background image stamped using Brilliance rocket red gold
  • Stampers Anonymous Clock and moustache images stamped using Versafine onyx black. I stamped the clock twice, once on to the tag and once on to white card which I then cut out. I applied the same method to the moustache as I didn't want either to be spotty! 
  • I stuck the second clock face on using Aleene's tacky glue but the moustache used dimensional foam pads.
  • I used the free stamp from the latest issue of craft stamper and the Brilliance rocket red gold to stamp the "distressed" border to the left had edge.
  • For the reverse of the stamp I used a Penny Black and an All Night media stamp and Versafine onyx black ink
 
It's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday today too, so here's what's on mine......
 
Oopsie, needs tidying AGAIN! Best I do that as I have a crafting pal due at the weekend!
 
 
Have a fab day


8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Very nice Kathy. Sorry, bit of a fly by visit as I'm making the most of the hot weather. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Hot here as well...shame it's so muggy....but you can't have everything!!
Great tag.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous tag and great images. Hope you enjoyed your BBQ.
hugs Brenda xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great tag, Kathy, and great desk, too! I'm surprised to see purple ribbon there. Just kidding, bwahaha!!

Lilian said...

Great Tag kathy, Hugs
lilian

Katie Berberich said...

Great tag Kathy, those images are splendid for guys. Hope your BBQ went well.
I wonder whose heading to the purple princess castle to craft....hmmm?
Thanks so much for your sweet words on my blog earlier, they meant a lot.
Have a great weekend (as of tomorrow)!
Katie x

catherine said...

Looks fab Kathy and love the spotty background with those images
x catherine

catherine said...

This looks great Kathy. love the spotty background with those images
x catherine