Saturday, 29 June 2013

Welcome to the penultimate day of June

Morning and welcome to what looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend,
 
As I said, the penultimate day of June - where did the rest of it go? Hard to imagine that Monday will be July 1st!!!! For those of you using Google Reader, don't forget that you will no longer have access to it after Sunday - if you haven't made alternate plans then you still have two days! I've imported all my "followed" blogs in to bloglovin but have to admit that I don't really understand the implications - I don't THINK it's going to affect me overly much as I don't view blogs in Google reader.
 
Saturday, being my normal challenge day set me off and crafting. Just as well really as I've not had the chance to craft for almost a week! Hard to imagine that this time last week Wynneth and I were about to head off to Swindon to meet up with Lauren and Debs for a crafting workshop at Snazzys! Still .... onwards and craftwards! I NORMALLY try out for the Simply Less Is More challenge first on a Saturday but was particularly taken by two other challenges first ... these are:
 
  1. ULTRA BRIGHT from the Craftbubble group Monthly Craft Challenge, though you do have to be a member of craftbubble to see and enter this challenge
  2. BLING, challenge #5 over at Crafty Friends
 
And here is my card which I think you will feel fits both challenges ....
 

 
 
Materials used:
  • White 300gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cuts of hot pink card and black card and a surplus die cut chevron in neon lime
  • Close to my Heart image (from the Fashionista set) stamped twice on to white card using Versafine onyx black (once on to a post it, cut out and then used as a mask)
  • Kaisercraft wood grain image stamped over the post it using Memento dandelion ink
  • Faux crystal gemstones to highlight the shopping bag and chevron

this may show the ULTRA BRIGHTS a little better

 
Happy Saturday, whatever you happen to have planned - sending HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to Jacky (aka ScrappyJacky) as it's her birthday today - hope you're having a good one!
 

9 comments:

Debs M said...

great image and card Kathy- love the bling x

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty card, and love the image. Not sure if I'm accessing via Google reader, so if I can't find you, I'll chat on Aunty's to find out where you went.

Sandra H said...

Morning Kathy, Thank you for joining in our challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge " Bling" your card is gorgeous good luck with the challenge and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

GinaA said...

Great card Kathy and that piece of neon chevron is brilliant, definately give a hint of zing. Must look into this google thing, I had no idea anything was going on, head in the sand I think. Lol G x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the pops of neon colour Kathy - a fab card! I've finally got my act together to join Blog lovin' and I really like it! Vicky x

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card Kathy. I am just going to wait and see what happens on Monday. I don't use google reader and from what I have read blogger dashboard reading list shouldn't be affected, so us this just another millennium meltdown?
Hope you are having a great weekend.
hugs Brenda xxx

Lilian said...

Great card kathy, Hugs lilian

Kelly Lloyd said...

Pretty card Kathy, thanks for joining in at crafty friends
Hugs Kelly DT

pst said...

Beautiful card, very clean and simple. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends this week.