Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Welcome to a rather late posting ....

Hi readers,
 
It's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday today and I was beginning to think that Mr Mojo was no longer in the building as, since my tag, I've not even thought about crafting - unusual for me.
 
However, physio yesterday saw me in better spirits today and, as the day's worn on, I felt I SHOULD hit the table of craftiness - if only with the camera!!
 
Whilst on a blog/forum hop this morning I swung by the Auntys Forum and one of my crafting compadres was talking about a set of freebies she'd been using and had made 22 cards with!!!! YIKES I thought - I HAVE that set and have yet to crack the seal and there it was - a germ of an idea. I HAD intended to make a CAS card for the challenge of wheels but there really isn't much that could be further from wheels .... or CAS than this card .... check it out - I think you'll agree but hey, I already have someone in mind for this card, someone who will be 90 this year and will fully appreciate the melding of conventional and modern styling.
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square, 300 gsm, white scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Ink: Seedless Preserve applied round the edge of the card blank, spritzed with water, left to develop before blotting with kitchen roll
  • 12cm square black card for matting
  • 11½cm square of the Designer paper from the pack shown below
  • Matching chipboard sentiment mounted on to black card
  • Paper Artsy JOFY image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then matted on to black card
  • Alcohol markers and Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens to add twinkle
  • Dusky pink organza ribbon tied round the panel and knotted before adding a heart charm (from Art From the Heart) and finishing with a bow
 
Here are the papers - they came with the chipboard sentiment and some toppers too .... from a recent issue of Card Making and Paper Craft
 
 
 
Here's how the desk looked mid way through - I have a sneaking suspicion that I should really have tidied BEFORE I started as it became obvious that I was having to move things around before I could really do much - ooopsie, what is it they say about the benefit of hindsight? All well - too late to worry about it now!
 
 
 
Hope you are enjoying your Wednesday
 
 

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! What a lovely card. I really like your backing paper and it looks great with that image. Gorgeous colour too.

Lx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really beautiful, I love the colours and the background is fab, that's one of my favorite techniques at the moment. Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day it really made me smile and that was just what I needed at the time
Lindsay xx

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Oh I forgot to say your desk looks quite tidy compared to mine lol
Lindsay xx

Julia said...

Ooh, lovely purple card and I love that JOFY flower.
Julia x

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card Kathy, great background and backing paper and I love the colours. More sun today (and gardening).
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lilian said...

That is really a lovely card Kathy. I have about 5 of those little pads and must get them out and start to use them.
Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Well done for getting your mojo back, not always easy when you are in pain. Pretty card.