Friday, 28 June 2013

Welcome to the start of the "official" weekend!

Hi folks,
 
The weekend starts here (and now!), mind you, we've nothing planned as we've just come back from a few days in Blackpool. We've been visiting pals who live there. We headed up on Tuesday morning and got home late afternoon yesterday. They took us to some lovely eateries and, on Wednesday, to Lake Windermere - it's just over an hour north of them so too good an opportunity to miss! I have some photos to share so pull up a chair and grab a coffee!

This was our lunch venue, we sat outside and enjoyed a splendid view of the lake

You can just make out the outline of a C130 performing a flypast! I wasn't ready with my camera when a tornado flew by!

This swan certainly seemed to be having some fun!

Me and my friend Mary
 
Just how many birds can congregate in one place?
 
Awwwww, look at this fledgling family of cygnets


These birds beg shamelessly hence the "I've no food left" dance by the man on the left!!


 
What a lovely view

The town of Bowness on Windermere
 

Leaving Lake Windermere
We also managed to pat some of the local wild life ....... in the forms of ....
 
Our hosts own pet, Ella

And the little Manchester terrier they look after occasionally too, her name is Lily!


Hope you've enjoyed your trip to the Lake District with me today ..... needless to say - there's been no crafting but I do hope to rectify that today!

And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of ...... Marsha and it takes me back to the days of schoolboy humour - enjoy!
 
 

The Talking Centipede


A guy decided life would be more fun
 if he had a pet.



So he went to the pet store
 and told the owner 
that he wanted to buy an unusual pet.


After some discussion,
 
he finally bought a talking centipede
(100-legged bug), 
which came in a little white box
 to use for his house.


He took the box back home,
 found a good spot for the box, 
and decided he would start off
 by taking his new pet 
to church with him.


 

So he asked the centipede in the box, "Would you like to go 
to church with me today?
 We will have a good time."


But there was no answer
 from his new pet.


This bothered him a bit,
 but he waited a few minutes 
and then asked again, "How about going
 
to church with me
 and receive blessings?"


But again,
 there was no answer 
from his new friend and pet.
 
So he waited
 a few minutes more, 
thinking about the situation.


The guy decided
 to invite the centipede one last time.
 

This time
 he put his face up against 
the centipede's house and shouted,
 
"Hey, in there! 
Would you like to go
 
to
church with me?
 


This time, a little voice came out of the box,

"I heard you the first time! -
I'm putting my shoes on!"

 
 
Have a great weekend


6 comments:

Junibears said...

A lovely selection of photos Kathy! I'm glad you enjoyed the break and I loved the centipede joke! xx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great photo's Kathy. Love the joke!

Have a great weekend.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Sue Bridesmith said...

Great Pics Kathy, you sure did look as though you had a good time, and your Friday funny had me in stitches,

Hugs
Suzy B
Xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the Lake District pic, I wish I'd been with you, it's years since I was there (and your weather looked better than we've had too).

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like an enjoyable break.

Debs M said...

love the pics, aages since i been to the Lake District! great ff x