Friday, 19 July 2013

Friday and another weekend looms large ......

Hi readers,
 
It's that time of the week when those who work are usually planning not to do so - for a couple of days! Hope you all have something fun planned.

Burning issue of the day is probably what the weather will do over the weekend, having been sweltering all the week - whaddya reckon? Forecasters are saying that it will remain hot but that there will be an increased likelihood of thunderstorms - if it cools it down a smidge then I say "bring it on"!!

On a crafting front ....... Taking my swap materials (from my Isle of Skye buddy, they arrived on Wednesday) I set off to make an ATC and this is what turned up ....




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china, faded jeans, squished on to a craft mat and spritzed. I smooshed my ATC through the ink, dried and repeated till I was happy - though it was HARD to bring myself to turn the heat gun on in the hot weather.
  • Hero Arts Old French Script image and Visible Image edging image stamped using the D.I. faded jeans ink
  • Swap image coloured using alcohol inks and cut out close
  • Swap flourish coloured using alcohol inks
  • Faux crystal gemstone used to embellish
  • Faber Castell Pitt pen "S" to draw round and define the swap image
Hope you and my swap buddy like what I made! Can't remember what materials arrived? Here they are again

 
 
CAS-ual Fridays new challenge (which runs for two weeks) is to "Use numbers" on a CAS card - I'm LIKING the sound of this challenge.

And now for the Friday Funny - there are a couple of them this week and they all came from my pal, Liz, though I did edit a couple out of the equation as a bit risqué for those of a sensitive nature! ENJOY
 
Nothing if not enterprising!

Women plainly perceive things differently!

This is probably the best form of sex education!!!!
 
 
Have a great Friday and fabulous weekend everyone, see you all tomorrow for some more challenges ...

8 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

WOW - what you did with the raw materials is nothing short of miraculous Kathy. Terrific ATC.

I like the FF cartoons.

xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

The little cutie your friend sent you looks even better now you have coloured her - could you please ask your friend where she came from?

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you've done with the ATC.Have a great weekend.

Debs M said...

great atc - love the ff x

Kathyk said...

Will do Lesley

Kathyk

Chris said...

Love the ATC -very beautiful colours! The dog/remote control cartoon is hilarious!
Enjoy the weekend (whatever the weather!)
Chris
x

Lilian said...

Kathy, Great card, Love her she is so cute,
.BTW The stamps that were on the cards I sent you to look at were "Whatnots" got them free with a magazine.
Hugs lilian

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh my God, Kathy, you saved the best for last! I just above gave myself a tonsillectomy over that one!!