Monday, 15 July 2013

Happy Monday and it's hot, Hot, HOT!

Morning readers,
 
Is it warm enough for you? We Brits had such a dreadful summer in 2012 and a bleak winter too - we were ALL looking forward to having a lovely summer - but were we really anticipating the weather of the past week? It's been consistently hovering around 30°c (that's 86° Fahrenheit in old money!) and, frankly, I'm not built to cope with those temperatures! Every year hubby and I talk about getting a portable A/C unit, for the summer, and every year we find that everywhere has sold out - by the time we make a decision, and so - it rolls over to the next year!! Ah well, one of these days!
 
Found a sketch challenge yesterday that tickled my creative fancy ...... Sunday Sketch and Stamp, this week their sketch is as seen below ...
 
 


No theme, just gotta be able to see the sketch AND it MUST feature STAMPING somewhere on the project. I figured that I really ought to be able to use one of my masking tape projects from yesterday (missed that? See it here), so, I turned the sketch to make my panel fit the sketch and ........



Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Ink/masking tape panel from yesterday
  • Black card for matting
  • Gloss card swiped with Distress Ink in tumbled glass
  • Kaisercraft woodgrain image stamped using D.I. tumbled glass
  • Inkylicious foliage image stamped using Memento Paris dusk
  • Blue faux gemstones to embellish
  • In case you missed the info the stamps on the main image panel are by Stampers Anonymous (sentiment) and Lavinia (foliage)
 
Have a super Monday


8 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh love this hun,adore that stamp hugs Cherylxxx

Debs M said...

looks great x

Lesley Thomas said...

Good morning Kathy, love the way you utilised yesterday's and made it fit the sketch, it came our really nice. I love that stamp, but dislike wooden backed ones... what to do? I think I'll have to search ebay and see what they can offer.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card Kathy. I really like that technique with paler colours. It's looks really great.

Stay cool..

Lx

Di said...

Lovely card Kathy - and just think, no air con unit probably means no need to empty a water container which catches the condensation. Make you feel better? Sigh, I thought not :(

Hugs, Di xx

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely,Kathy....do hope you've found some shade today.

catherine said...

This looks great Kathy and great use of this weeks sketch. Thanks for joining us over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp this week.
x catherine

Kimbo said...

Beautiful card Kathy and my favourite colours too. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp x