Saturday, 13 July 2013

Help me .... I'm meltingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Morning all,
 
Boy, another scorcher set for today - well, it is here anyway. We Brits really aren't equipped to cope with temperatures in the 90°'s (Fahrenheit, that is ...... or 30°+c).
 
Still, mustn't grumble .... after all, in about a fortnight we'll all have forgotten how hot it got and be moaning about the cold and the wet once more!!! Make the most of it but take sensible precautions .... you know, sunscreen, shade, water.
 
On to things crafty ...... Saturday's are challenge days for me and I'm usually spoilt for choice, so what are this weeks choices?
 
  1. On the crafting forum craftbubble I have a couple of challenges for the month, one's a Christmas card featuring a bear (Card Makers), another's to make a birthday card featuring cupcakes (Crafters Delights)
  2. Crafting Friends new challenge today is: INSPIRED BY A SONG and they ask you to mention the song too!
  3. Addicted to CAS challenge with another week to run is: WATER
  4. And Simply Less Is More new challenge today is: to make a One Layer Card that is NOT SQUARE or RECTANGULAR!
I managed to make my one card fit three of the above (numbers 2, 3 and 4) - my song being "RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD"!!! Hope you like it




 
Materials used:
  • GO Kreate large fancy tag die used to cut two tags from white card
  • Unity Jillybean stamp set (dance in the rain) sentiment once but image stamped twice, on to white card, using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour one image
  • Go Kreate oval used to cut a coloured "spotlight"
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle raindrops image stamped twice (without re-inking) using Memento Paris Dusk
  • Two tags glued together across the top, to form the "card" and then blue polka dot grosgrain ribbon threaded through tag loop ..... and herein lay the problem that I had failed to spot until I uploaded the photos ..... the blooming glue on my spotlight was plainly not quite dry and, whilst "faffing" with my ribbon managed to misalign my spotlight. So sorry peeps, I WILL rectify this with another spotlight as I really quite like the concept! I'm sure lots of us have done this but ...... it's VEXING isn't it?
 
OMG!!!! I blame the heat (it's already as hot as it was early afternoon yesterday!) and in addition to mucking up my alignment I failed to spot that the LIM challenge is a One LAYER Card so my spotlight technique makes my entry invalid - grrrrrr. So, I had to have another go, didn't I?


I've made this larger so you can see (if you look very carefully) that Algernon's on the inside too!

Materials used:
  • Same as round one but using different stamps, I selected my image and sentiment from Acid Drops and Whatnots (AD38) Licenced to Thrill!, using an alcohol marker to colour and glossy accents on Algernon's monocle. I also used black organza ribbon this time - and YES, it IS a One Layer Card!

Have a fab Saturday

25 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh I do like that chickie Kathy. Great tag card!

Lx

Sue said...

Hehe, LOVE your cute bird in wellies and shaped card. Lovely sentiment too.

Chrissie said...

Just love the old smoothie Kathy!
Terrific stuff!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gerrina said...

Great card for lim; just love the stamp and the form is perfect! The first card is just stunning! Hope you have a creative, good weekend, Gerrina

clare said...

love your tag cards. I love both the sentiments. sorry to hear you are melting! I feel the same way too. x

Loli said...

Hola Kathy i´m glad to see you:D.
Oooh Kathy what gorgeous tags-cards, fantastic sentiment on your bird card and i like Algernon stamp funny and elegant, good job!
Oooh my friend i understand you i hate the hot summer we have 29oC in Palma, to much hot for me aaagggg, the hot is so bad for my mojo :D.
Have a nice and "cool" week.:D

Faith A said...

Oh! Kathy these are fabulous, love them both, but have to say the image of the smoothie is such fun.

Brenda Brown said...

Cute cards, love the shape. I have just made myself a huge iced smoothie to cool off - it worked (for now).
Enjoy the weekend and please don't melt lol.
hugs {brenda} x0x

scrappyjacky said...

I like it....and we could do with some raindrops....night time only though!

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Kathy. Sweet image ... and great coloring. Fabulous use of the spotlighting technique. Would you please add a link to ATCAS in order to meet all the challenge requirements?? Thanks for joining us! Loll :)

The Crafty Laydee said...

Both fabulous cards-but i love that Chickie card -its gorgeous !
Nessa xx

catherine said...

These both look brilliant Kathy. Great images and sayings too. Hope you have a good weekend and maybe find some shade!! It boy is hot up here in the North!!
x catherine

Gay Peplow said...

Fab cards Kathy, what a shame you had to make another for LIM I love both though:D The little bird is fun and the Gent is super cool LOL xx

Rein said...

two great cards for thh#e challenge!

Lilian said...

Love them both Kathy. The chick is cute,
Hugs
lilian

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, dear me, you really did have time with LIM. I hope you win on perseverance as well as the fact that your card is fantastic, Kathy! You know that "dancing in the rain" card was so flippin' adorable that I didn't even notice you had rotated your spotlight a skosh!! Hope it cools off soon, but STAYS sunny!

GinaA said...

I know your not the first to make a layered card for the 'One Layer' challenge - I did it myself last time! That spotlight card is really cute and Algernon looks so sophisticated, a great pair of cards.

Linby said...

I love the tag cards. Cute chick too even if not one layer! Great second card too.
Linby x

Vicki Dutcher said...

LOVE the water card -- HA! That duck is too CUTE! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

Melanie said...

Lovely projects!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "inspired by a song” challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Crafty Friends)

Sandra said...

Lovely tag cards Kathy....second ones my favourite...

San x

Kelly Lloyd said...

Ah these ae great Kathy, thanks for joining us at crafty friends
Hugs Kelly

My name is Wynneth said...

I love both your tags kathy, shame the spotlight slipped, but honestly I hadn't noticed til you pointed it out !

I'm sooo glad I also bought that jilly bean stamp set when we found them.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Jen said...

just fabulous cards
Sorry for my late visit.
Thanks for joining us this week x
Jen
"Less Is More"

florenceandfreddie said...

Love the shape of these cards Kathy. The little duck is so adorable. Enjoy the good weather in a couple of months with will be cold! he he!
Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS challenge.
Florence x
P.s. Over here in Spain we are having the coldest summer for 200 years (so some say) and it is bliss.