Sunday, 7 July 2013

Lazy Sunday and time for Hobbycutz challenge - #10

Morning fellow bloggers,

Sunday morning again and, all being well, I'm at the Newbury Art Stamps show. However, I've scheduled this post as it's time for another of the fortnightly challenges over on the Hobbycutz blog. This week is challenge #10 and the theme is FANTASY. Don't forget that you don't HAVE to use a Hobbycutz die cut to be eligible to enter but that there are additional prizes available to those who do - good luck.

And now for my card:


Materials used:
  • 250 gsm white C5 card and matching sized envelope
  • Grey and lavender card for matting
  • Heather textured card run through my big shot inside a Tim Holtz sunburst embossing folder and then rubbed with Versacolour silver ink
  • Pale pink textured card die cut in to a fancy circle
  • Sassy Studios digi "fortune teller" laser printed on to White card (Rymans)
  • Alcohol markers and metallic Faber Castell pitt pens used to colour image
  • Glossy Accents on the crystal ball
  • White grosgrain ribbon
  • Two Hobbycraft die cut butterflies (S0072 - available from here)
Our sponsor this week, Sassy Studio Designs
Don't forget that there are plenty of other challenges to enter and some of my personal faves are listed in my side bar.

Since I'm away from my desk there's not much "chat" from me today so I'll leave you with this astonishing (and MORE than a little scary photograph (my thanks to Marsha for e-mailing it to me)

THIS IS A PICTURE THAT SOMEONE TOOK WHO WORKS ON AN OIL RIG IN TEXAS.

HE WANTED TO GET A SHOT OF THE LIGHTNING THAT WAS FLASHING BY.

HE WAS UNAWARE OF THE TORNADO UNTIL THE LIGHTNING ILLUMINATED IT.

This has been called a one-in-a-million photo; taken south of Ft. Stockton, Texas.


 
Not sure whether I'll get the chance to make an entry for one of my fave weekly challenges ... over on the Simply Less Is More blog this week's challenge is FIFTY SHADES OF GREY!! Ooo-er missus!!!

Happy Sunday peeps


7 comments:

clare said...

great card. wow! amazing photo. have fun today. x

Chris said...

I love this card, Kathy! That embossed background is perfect! The image is beautifully coloured (purples, of course!!!) and the whole design comes together so well! Hope you had a great day at the craft show!
Chris
x

Lorraine said...

Stunning creation Kathy...I just love the design and all your attention to detail too hun.
Hugz, Lorraine xx

Debs M said...

love that fortune teller and that photo is amazing x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Hiya this is gorgeous, I love the embossing and wow what an amazing photo. Thanks for your comment on my blog lol yep the mirror was Ikea =)
Lindsay xx

Brenda Brown said...

Hoe you enjoyed the show and didn't spend toooooo much.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Denise said...

wow wow wow! It is fab! I love the blue and purple together!
Crafty Hugs
Denise
xox