Monday, 1 July 2013

Monday and a multi layered creation to share with you all today!

Morning,
 
Hope you all enjoyed a great weekend, get up to much? It was quiet for us but then - we HAD been away for much of last week, with friends, in Blackpool. Had a great time too - aside from the inevitable post vacation LAUNDRY!!! Pheww, that's done anyway - till the next time! How can two people generate so much laundry?

Sun never DID turn up in time for a BBQ - looks like it's shown up this morning though as it's shining its socks off as I type this!!
 
So, instead of sunning myself outdoors I was catching up on one or two things over the weekend including lesson five of Clare's (aka misscraftmad and also Miscanthuscrafts) introduction to journaling - a fab set of videos which I highly recommend you watch if you want to get in to journaling or even if you just want some inspiration - there's a link at the bottom of this post. I completely missed at least one lesson - this was unintentional. However, this particular lesson was about using complementary colours and I just knew I wanted to have a go - so I sought inspiration from the colour wheel ..... you would KNOW I would choose shades of purple and, opposite purple on the colour wheel you will find YELLOW. I set off with a variety of these colours ...... and came up with this ........



Here's the finished multi layered tag - see below for the steps!
Here's the colour wheel so you can see what I mean .... and below that, a photo of the materials used for the basic background of the tag.

 
 

 
Materials for the basic tag - as per Clare's lesson,
Luna lights, Fresco and tube acrylics as well as Dylusions inks
 
And here's how it progressed from a basic manila tag: ........
 
Take one tag and apply gesso - allowing to dry before proceeding (or speed up with a heat gun,
if you've next to NO PATIENCE, like me!)

Add acrylic paint (I chose tube acrylics here - yellow with a dash of red to warm it up)
applied with a baby wipe.

Add a few dabs of bottled acrylic paint - I used Paper Artsy "Fresco" paint
 in orchid - applied using paper towel

Next a few dabs of bottled Paper Artsy "Fresco" paint in pansy
- again, applied using paper towel

I sponged the iridescent luna lights, randomly, through sequin waste
and then stamped the Kaisercraft paving image with Colour Box violet ink

I stamped the Kaisercraft "arty" image using Memento grape jelly
and the Stampers Anonymous journalesque sentiments using Versafine onyx black

I dripped some of the Dylusions inks and spread them using paper towel before adding
 Paper Artsy image (from HP1111) stamped on to an old book page and cut out.
I then took my Pitt pen (F) and drew some lines around the image, the text and then the tag ...
along with a little heart on the last word
 
Hope you like this - you can see Clare's lesson (#5 and the inspiration for this tag) here. If you do happen to watch it you will quickly realise that the dripping of the Dylusions inks should have come earlier in the process but hey ...... as Kate Crane says on her journaling DVD's .... "There are no mistakes in art"! The only bit of Clare's lesson I haven't done is the GOOSEBUMPS spray - I'm still pondering whether to .... I have some (but only the shimmer version) so it's not too late!!

Happy (and SUNNY) Monday


6 comments:

Debs M said...

great make Kathy - looking forward to having a go myself! x

Lesley Thomas said...

I love the colour scheme Kathy, but not too sure about the image - he doesn't look a happy camper! LOL.

Brenda Brown said...

LOve your complementary colours and such a fabulous background on your tag.
We managed a BBQ dinner last night and sat outside to eat YAY, hoping for more.
Have a fabulous week.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

I want to start an art journal soon . . . and am busy researching the process so thanks for sharing your tag transformation!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

clare said...

Fab tag. Thanks for joining in. Will get mr.linky sorted at the end of the week. X

froebelsternchen Susi said...

fab effects ! a great tag!