Saturday, 20 July 2013

Saturday craftday

Morning,

Saturday once more and the weather forecasters promised us the weather would last until the weekend, now .... did they mean AT LEAST until the weekend or that the heatwave would be done BY the weekend? What sort of weather do you have where you are today? Right at this moment it's sunny but with a breeze so feels nice and fresh, but that will undoubtedly change as the sun rises higher.
 
My good pal, Clare has set up a swap on the craftbubble group Craft Mad and Loving It and it's entitled ""It's the little things". It's a series of projects to keep us amused during the summer holidays and she even thoughtfully provided a little kit for those interested. I took her up on her offer and received mine a few days ago. She also presented a smashing little video (when I say little, it's 25 minutes long and very informative as well a splendidly edited - thanks Clare) to get us all rolling and here's what I made .............. from start to finish
 
One side of my mini cards, treated with alcohol inks

And the other side!

Made my charms


OUTSIDE of my mini book


INSIDE of my mini book
 
And some of the materials used:
  • Clare provided - two mini cards, various beads and jump rings and the inspiration
  • I provided: alcohol inks, stamped images, stickers, Glossy Accents, archival black ink, versamark ink, white embossing powder and a heat gun
 
My basic cards, alcohol inks and straw - it was so much fun .... again!

The images used and sticker from Tim Holtz book - I used the word JOURNEY as the
stamped word was simply too big to fit on my book so I used the sentiment with that cut off
and then substituted the sticker word "journey"
After a little more tinkering,  here's how my little "bookie wook" (thanks Russell Brand) turned out ..... what do you think?
 
 
 
Over on the Simply Less Is More blog their new challenge is "Handmade flowers"
Craftyfriends new challenge has the theme of "Doodling"
Gem of a challenge's theme this week is "Anything but square"
Addicted to CAS new theme is "GLITTER"
The 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown challenge is a recipe this time round ....


See anything that takes your fancy? There's plenty going on above to keep me busy today and I STILL have the "natural" challenge to do before the end of the month and a scrap layout to complete too - so much to do and so little time! Wish me luck!

HAPPY SATURDAY - have a great weekend



7 comments:

catherine said...

Your project from the kit looks fabulous Kathy. I must have a look at this and see what I can do. Have a good weekend
x catherine

Di said...

Hi Kathy

I love your 'bookie wook' - :) The end result is so lovely and those ribbons add a great finishing touch.

Still hot here of course, and standing on the Playground 'naughty step' means am likely to get sunburned, sigh.

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

looks great Kathy - love the wooden floral stamp x

scrappyjacky said...

I think it's great,Kathy...love what you've made....great sentiments...and the perfect colour, of course.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well done Purple Pal. It's all ACE! I really do salute you.

Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

WOW - that's an amazing arty project. Congrats. Love it.

Cloudy and breezy morning . . . a lot cooler than of late . . . but the sun has come out now and the temp is creeping upwards . . . good job too as I'm due at the beach early this evening!

Hugs
SarN xxx

clare said...

your little bookie wook is gorgeous! x