Saturday, 27 July 2013

Saturday's CAS day!

Morning peeps,
 
How's your weekend starting out? It dawned dull, grey and a little chilly - with rain forecast in the not too distant future - whoop de doo! Actually, I really don't mind as I've not coped terribly well in the recent heat wave so it's proved to be a VERY welcome change.
 
If I'm honest, I've not even felt much like crafting in all this weather, and my alcohol markers feel the same way!! They've been drying almost instantly making blending a tad awkward! Ahh well, another bonus this morning then!
 
Over on the Simply Less Is More blog their new challenge has been a Pinterest photo and I immediately thought of this image .....  hope you'll agree .... the bow set me off on this track!! My total thanks to Lauren for this too
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm C5 card and matching sized envelope
  • X-Cut fancy bookplate cut once in white and once in red
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots image and sentiment stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alcohol markers used to colour image
  • Sentiment cut free hand and matted on to an off cut of the red card and run through my Xyron sticker maker
 
And with the red hot and summery image I'm also going to enter my card in to the Delicious Doodles "Summertime" challenge

A simple CAS card - but effective - if you look carefully you will see my image is also wearing KILLER HEELS!!! And the inspirational photo in question?
 
Killer heels!!! And that fancy bow!!! See the inspiration now?

 
Have a great Saturday

23 comments:

Margaret said...

Fabulous, fun card Kathy
Margaret x

Heather Rogers said...

Great card Good Luck!

Crafty Hugs
Heather xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good call Your Purpleness. She is perfect for this weeks CAS challenge. You've nailed it :oD

Lx

Debs M said...

great card and image Kathy! x

Chris said...

Great card, Kathy! I see exactly what you mean about the bow!
Chris
x

Netty said...

this is my favourite stamp at the moment and loved how you've used her....but those killer heels.....no way....flip flops for me........lol
Annette x

Hannelie said...

ah Kathy, that all important question!
beautiful use of the inspiration photo!
Thanks for visiting an inspiring me with your kind comments!

Sandra said...

Fab card Kathy....love the image you have used...I got the mag just for these free stamps :)...
And I totally agree with you about the weather...it's not been good for crafting...especially like you say with the colouring.

Have a lovely weekend
San x

Brenda Brown said...

Love how your mind worked on this fab card Kathy, it really came together well.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Gerrina said...

Such a sunny and funny card! Love it! Think with the warm weather, you have to get back to the first coloring material: crayons!Have a good week, Gerrina

Julie said...

Fun card..great work!

Gillian R said...

What a great fun card.

Darnell J Knauss said...

So adorable, Kathy, and so perfect for the sexy shoe challenge!!

Margaret E said...

Great card Kathy - love the bustle/bow!
Hope you are finding it cooler today.
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.
Margaret E x

Linby said...

Great card, love the red.I thought of using that image too, but had too many other ideas LOL!
Linbyx

Lynne said...

Fabby image Kathy making a fabby card.
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

This looks fab Kathy
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Lucine said...

This is such a nice image and you did a great job on the card. Very nice!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “summertime”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Anne said...

Love those Acid Drops and Whatnots stamps and you've made a super card with this one
Anne
x

Sylv said...

Love this image I have been using it myself this week. Fabulous card for the shoe challenge.

Sylv xx

Neets B said...

Such fun and great for the challenge :)

Daen'Ys said...

What a great use of the inspiration photo! .... The perfect frame for this beautiful design!
Rosi x