Sunday, 28 July 2013

Soggy Sunday greetings

Morning readers,
 
Feeling a little more waterlogged today, the rain started about 16:00 yesterday and didn't stop until well after we'd gone to bed last night. Everywhere smells fresher this morning and the sun is shining but ... I'm getting ahead of myself.
 
Last night we were out to dinner with my brother and S-i-L, we were heading their way as they've been our way the last couple of meets. They live a smidge over 20 miles from us but with busy diaries it takes some liaising to find a suitable date ........ we had a very pleasant evening though our plan to walk to the restaurant fell by the wayside! The restaurant has recently been refurbished and was all nice and new and shiny! The nachos started was yummy though poor Ann accidentally picked up a jalapeno pepper and this set her off coughing for several minutes! Fish and chips were very nice though and so was the chocolate fudge brownie - though I'm proud to say I only managed to eat ½ of that! Back to theirs for a further round before heading home ..... with road and motorway closures the country lane detour was both interesting and foggy!, though we're still debating fog versus STEAM!!
 
Today sees the surrogates due, expecting a BBQ but the weather forecast says windy if not actually raining so we're preparing for this BBQ to be indoors!! Ho hum, that means I'll be clearing down my craft annex, also known as THE DINING ROOM! and generally making the place presentable.
 
I hope to squeeze in a little crafting though and the pan pastels challenge this week is for "EMBOSSING", how hard could that be? I thought I might give that a go! Here's how it's looking .... so far!
 
A side view so you can see the depth of embossing

And a view of the project so far - so that
you can see the colours properly
 
 
Materials used:
  • Tim Holtz tag
  • Distress Inks: dusty concord, squeezed lemonade, picked raspberry
  • Water spritzer and heat gun
  • Embossing folders: animal skin (top) and tri-boss clocks
 
Have a great Sunday, hope the weather plays ball for your plans today!

7 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Looking FANTASTIC so far! Have a great day with the surrogates!

I'm in my craft room art journaling if you want me . . . . . . . .

Lesley Thomas said...

It's looking good Kathy! Best of luck clearing out your dining room so you can all have lunch.

scrappyjacky said...

It looks great.
I don't think it's going to be BBQ weather here either!

Debs M said...

looking great Kathy - hope the bbq goes well x

Brenda Brown said...

We missed a lot of the rain but it's been blustery here with some showers, definitely not BBQ weather. Looking forward to seeing you tag finished.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Cherry said...

Dinner sounds yummy Kathy, steam I think!

Gorgeous embossing and loving the colours together. What you going to do next?

Hugs Cherry xxx

Lilian said...

Looking great Kathy. Love the colours. I have to get my embossing folders out again. Hugs
lilian