Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Thundery Tuesday?

Morning readers,
 
You lot still got the heat wave? Us too, it's still hot and sticky but we did indeed have the GRANDMOTHER of all thunderstorms during the night and were awake for quite a while with it. The lightning was virtually constant for an hour or so and the rain, short lived but torrential. I had hoped to wake this morning to cool fresh air but, sadly, this is not the case.

Anyway, after all the waiting of yesterday I hear that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are safely delivered of a healthy baby boy and we're now just waiting on a name ... will it be Henry? Got any thoughts?
 
Having watched the Visible Images segment on Create and Craft on Sunday afternoon it made me re-visit my splat images .......... I wanted their splats but couldn't justify as I have two sets (from Inkylicious and Recollections) + a single splat (from Inkadinkado)
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkylicious splat stamped using Memento dandelion ink
  • Inkadinkado splat stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Recollections splat stamped using Memento tangelo ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Memento Mediterranean blue
 
There, simple, colourful and a bit of fun - don't you agree? Mind you ..... I've STILL got my eye on those Visible Images splats










 

along with
 
  
and maybe even

 
or possibly
 

Aah well, who knows? Maybe I will ... and maybe I won't! I love the barbed wire and the cracked glass on those two sets ....
 
Happy Tuesday

9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Just damp overnight here already none dry and hot, but gotta love it while it lasts. Great splats.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing splat card Kathy. The colours are lovely together. Such a cheerful card! Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

I liked those splats too, and was tempted. I didnt realise there were some others out there. I'll have to investigate.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Loving the splats!

Heavy rain in night, no storm though. Heavy rain this morning. No storm though.

Feels even hotter than yesterday and the humidity is unbearable. Grump grump grump.
xxx

clare said...

love your card Kathy. fab image and love the colours.

scrappyjacky said...

I think your splats look great.

Debs M said...

great card Kathy - I wanted to buy the girl stamp but they had sold out at Newbury x

Lilian said...

Great splat card Kathy. You know you want to get the new stamps as you have said before we can never have enough, Go on you know you want to ,
Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

I caved in and got the splat stamps. C&C have sold out, so I googled them.