Thursday, 11 July 2013

Thursday and a late entry, for me, for Less Is More.

In the words of Victor Meldrew ..... "I DON'T believe it"!!! It's Thursday and I'm only JUST getting round to an entry for Simply Less Is More. Here's hoping my fellow LIM-ettes will forgive my tardiness!
 
This is very unusual for me as I USUALLY make it one of my first stops each Saturday. In my defence, however, I would point out that I had a very busy weekend with a crafting pal, Wynneth, (although she made it to LIM well before me this week!) and I've even used the same set of stamps that she did (but different images from the set - don't want to COPY!). It was new stash recently acquired on our foray to Newbury ArtStamps last weekend. You can see the fun we got up at the weekend, which kept us from our LIM entry here, if you missed it earlier! On to the challenge which. this week ,is "Fifty Shades of Grey"! Ooo-er missus - no, not THAT Fifty Shades of Grey!!! They wanted to see more than one shade though - I hope I've managed it with two card shades of grey and two ink shades of grey.
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Grey card for offset matting and layering
  • White card panel edged with Distress Ink weathered wood, applied using a craft mat and a Tim Holtz blending tool - just lightly round the very edges
  • Feather image (Visible Image) stamped twice using Memento London Fog
  • Bird image (Visible Image) stamped using D.I. weathered wood
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment inked up using Versafine onyx black but stamped off once before stamping on my card (to make it less black)
 
My eagle eyed readers will spot that this is the second GOOD LUCK card in two days .... there's a reason for that. You usually find out, at relatively short notice, that you need one of these cards and this happened to me recently. I found I didn't like most of the cards in my "stock" of G.L. cards (lucky I found one to send though) as many were made a number of years ago (I don't get to send a lot!) and my style has changed over time. Long story short, I've "recycled" all of my previous stock and needed to make a couple of useful ones - yesterday's was in your face PINK so pretty obviously girly and today's seemed like the perfect excuse to make a more masculine version - hope you agree.

Nipped to Hobbycraft yesterday, met up with a pal. Guess what? Storage price label ALL changed to the ridiculously high price of £20 so even at 3 for 2 still no bargain. I found sturdier drawer units in Tesco (next door) for a tenner! AND I had a smashing catch up with Lilian too - though it was blooming hot!
 
Have a great Thursday - enjoy the sunshine, it looks set to last a good few days longer too - I am definitely wishing we'd bought that portable A/C unit we keep promising ourselves!


13 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

This stamp set is soooo FABULOUS isn't it, I'm so glad I didn't miss out on getting one when we all swooped onto the stand at Newbury LOL

Love what you've done with this set and I'm sure the fellow LIMettes will forgive your tardiness this week. I still haven't got over our very busy and wonderful weekend, and now I'm off up the M5 again taking Dad home !

Have a great day
luv
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing use of your new feather stamp....and better late than never I say. Lx

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, this is such a lovely soft and gentle card, love how you've used the stamps! I will put some feather stamps on my wish list. Thank you for visiting my blog. xxx

Beverley said...

Fab card & sounds like you've been having fun. Enjoy your evening & the sun while it lasts! Hugs Bev x

Katie Berberich said...

Oh what a bargain at a tenner! Your masculine GL card looks great in those tones. Off now to check out the pink version.
Katie x

Chrissie said...

This is a really sweet card Kathy! They are great feathers!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gerrina said...

A great and elegant card! Love the way you used different greys!

scrappyjacky said...

Great card,Kathy...that is a lovely stamp.

SanDee1899 said...

simple and elegant and sooooooo wonderful!
xoxo SanDee1899

Lilian said...

Fab card Kathy. Lovely catching up with you as well. I love the feathers. Hugs
lilian

├ůsa said...

Love the birds on your card! They are beatiful and the grey you used are perfect :-) thank you for visiting my blog.

Anne said...

Ooh I missed thus stand at Newbury, great card!
Anne
x

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Kathy, love the beautiful design.

Warm hugs
Maarit