Thursday, 4 July 2013

Thursday and this is a scheduled post ....

Morning all,
 
This is a scheduled post as, about now, I shall be beavering away cleaning up and clearing up (no easy job, I ASSURE you!) for the pending arrival of my good crafting buddy, Wynneth, and will probably not have time to return on-line for a while - too busy having fun, I expect!

To my American readers, Happy 4th of July! enjoy your celebrations
 
Yesterday's post muttered about Mr Mojo being AWOL and how I needed to finish a wedding card, well, I leave it to you to tell me whether my mojo came back but you will IMMEDIATELY have identified that this is sooooo NOT a wedding card!
 
I followed Clare's lesson #5 journaling video recently and was quite taken with many of her suggestions so, not ready to relinquish these techniques (a bit like a dog with a bone!) I set off with a postcard sized piece of card (4" x 6") and some paints/inks/images from opposing sides of my colour wheel and here's where it went ......
 
 
 
 
And here's how it progressed, from start to finish
 
Take one colour wheel and decide WHICH complementary colours to use ....
 
 
Green acrylic paint (+ a smidge of yellow) applied using paper towel

The next coat was red acrylic, a little yellow and white + some iridescent medium
Hmm - looks like I was a little heavy handed ..... still .......
I had a little of that mix left over so ..... we crafters, abhor waste!

I stamped a few images over it (Kaisercraft crazy paving + Brilliance poppy ink)
but it still looked a little heavy handed -
so I reached for the white gesso and a no longer needed credit card!
 
Ah yes, that's better!, the gesso made it somewhat less "garish"!
It's true what they say about there being no mistakes in art!
Add the few extra images and then stamp and cut out my card and sentiment panel and VOILA!
 
And most of the materials ......
 
In addition I used: red, green, yellow, white acrylic paint, iridescent medium, Versafine onyx black ink and Distress Ink in pumice stone and bundled sage. I also used the crazy paved image by Kaisercrafts with the Brilliance poppy ink
 
I will be entering this for the "Vacation themed postcard" challenge at Unruly Paper Arts
 
Happy Thursday

12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

A simply smashing project there Kathy. I love the way it all came together.

Sounds like you and Wynneth will be having a ball. I'm only sorry to be missing it but looking forward to seeing you both at ARtstamps on Sunday - Woohoo!

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Love how this one turned out,Kathy.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

wow this looks so fab.. and great to see your progress!

xxx Susi

Lesley Thomas said...

Glad the mojo returned Kathy, and the card could be adapted to a Wedding card. That car would look good with a few cans drawn in behind it, and then all you'd need to do is change the sentiment!

catherine said...

Looks fantastic Kathy. I am so behind with the lessons and must catch up soon!!!
Hope you mange to do what you want and you and Wynneth have a great time
x catherine

Shar said...

Fabulous! Thanks for including your process in creating this beautiful piece and for joining us at Unruly PaperArts for our Reader Art Quest!

clare said...

fab postcard and thanks for entering the RAQ over at Unruly Paper Arts. x

Katie Berberich said...

Just fab, and what a journey it is LOL!
Have an awesome time with Wynneth, I wonder if she'll bring fabrics along? I know she and her sewing machine are never far apart.
Wishing you both a lovely time together, hope to see pics.
Katie x

Brenda Brown said...

A great textured background and great colours. Have a fabulous time with Wynneth.
hugs {brenda} x0x

jasann said...

Love this work of art! It is so good!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Michele said...

this is beautiful postcard art! xo

Nan G said...

It may not be a wedding card but it is a cool postcard! Thanks for sharing the deets of your process. Always good to see I'm not alone in the oops hmm add gesso Aahhh not bad technique. :) hugs