Thursday, 25 July 2013

TOTALLY TRIFFIK THURSDAY

Morning readers,
 
YAY! It is SO much cooler today! That or I'm finally getting used to the heat - which seems unlikely!
 
Just a quick post today as I already know tomorrow's is going to be picture heavy, what with the Friday Funny AND a little project I've been working on for a day or so! You have been warned!
 
I feel much more comfortable this morning, so much so that I've already made a Christmas card!!!
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card and green card for matting
  • Recollections Holly image stamped in the corner of a white card offcut and coloured using alcohol markers - it's obviously still rather hot as the alcohol markers dried so blooming quickly it proved rather tricky to blend and I may yet have another go as "seamless" once it cools!
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black (Memento just wasn't black enough on this clear stamp)
  • Green satin ribbon wrapped around the card and taped inside - this card will have to have a concealing paper insert!
I would normally add glossy accents to the berries but haven't in case I want to have another go at blending ..... but I WILL, before I mail it!

I'll be entering this in the following challenges:
  1. Stamping for Pleasure
  2. Craft Mad and Loving It group challenge on the craftbubble forum
  3. Rudolph Day challenge on the Aunty's forum

(FYI both forum challenges require membership in order to be eligible)
 
Happy Rudolph Day everyone, only four more to go!


11 comments:

mamapez5 said...

A lovely CAS card. I know what you mean about the alcohol pens. Mine are 'resting' right now. I love the versafine black ink pad and used to use it all the time, but Momento works better with the ciao markers, so I tend to go for that now.
That's a great font used for the sentiment stamp. I don't think i wanted to know there is only four more Rudolph days, hah! Enjoy this one. Kate x

Di said...

Lovely card Kathy, so clean and crisp. Love the sentiment font - very classy :)

Hugs, Di xx

Karen said...

Beautiful seeing all these Christmas cards in a heatwave!! Love the design! Karen x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Tis indeed the season to be jolly . . . jolly HOT at the mo!

Loving your CAS Chrimbo card Kathy.

Thanks for entering my little Rudolph Day challenge.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

scrappymo! said...

Love that sentiment font...it looks wonderful.
Lovely CAS card.

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Kathy. Nicely clean and simple. Never thought I'd see the day when it is so hot that even ProMarkers are playing up ... I'm now thinking it must be difficult colouring with them in parts of the world where it is normally uber hot for part of the year. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth xx

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and like the image a lot. Had some rain here today but is has cleared the air so is all good.
x catherine

Debs M said...

great card Kathy x

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card....and it reminds me I really should start on mine.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely card Kathryn well done love your stamps for sale too but now on buying ban keep forgetting and keep looking :D sigh,
Shaz in Oz.x

MaryH said...

Hi, sorry to be late commenting on your lovely card. Such a pretty shaped card, and great coloring on the stamped image as well. Loved that sentiment font too. TFS.