Monday, 29 July 2013

Welcome to another week, peeps!

Hi there,
 
Yesterday I set off to make a project for the delightful peeps over at Pan Pastels .... their challenge was to use embossing (Challenge #30) .... I went with dry embossing. You may have seen my WIP yesterday .... no? Here's a reminder of how it looked yesterday then, as a Work In Progress
 
Work In Progress

Here's how it's looking now ....
 


The finished project

A closer view of the dimensional elements

Here's hoping you can see the mica flecks of the goosebumps!
 
Additional materials used:
  • Metallic rub-on wax (bronze), applied with my finger and concentrated on the clock faces.
  • Stampers Anonymous (from the "Time Traveller" set of cling mounted stamps) man with fob watch stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink.
  • Before close cutting out of my image I blended Distress Inks in tea dye and aged mahogany over the image (concentrating the red on his waistcoat), using a Tim Holtz blending tool and a craft mat.
  • Close to my Heart sentiment stamped twice on to the tag using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Tsukineko shimmer goosebumps sprayed over the entire tag which adds both shimmer and texture and has the added bonus of sealing the tag too!
  • Distress Ink - black soot - applied round the edge using a Tim Holtz blending tool and a craft mat
 
I also caught myself watching a little create and craft as I switched on to find they were featuring the melt pot and embossing powders. I was lucky enough to be given one by a dear friend and am ashamed to say that I haven't used it as much as I should have but ..... they had some lovely pendants featured which have sparked my interest anew and my dear hubby also gave me some very funky UTEE colours (brights) so you may have to just watch this space, especially after the recent success of Wynneth's and my jewellery making on our mini craftathon weekend!

Of course, in amongst this creativity I was cleaning up and tidying up as the surrogates were joining us for a BBQ ..... whilst it wasn't actually raining when they arrived it WAS pretty windy and we opted to have our BBQ indoors instead - safer!

Surrogate daughter 2, Becky, and hubby, Chris, plus baby Zac

Proud grandma and Zac
Zac's walking now (as you can see) and we all (at one time or another) feared for our glass coffee table  but, aside from sticky finger marks - it's fine. He quickly found something FAR more interesting to play with ..... a waste bin and some LED coasters (IKEA) ohhh and, of course, his doting aunty and Uncle - see below!

Surrogate daughter 1, Nik, and partner, Alan, with Zac ... and my poor jellycat abandoned on the floor!!


Have a great week

10 comments:

Debs M said...

love that tag Kathy x

Chris said...

Finished tag looks fabulous, Kathy!
Chris
x

Lesley Thomas said...

The tag progressed beautifully, Kathy, but I don't think you ever make a 'duff' one. Cute family pics too.

clare said...

Fab photos and great tag kathy.

Cherry said...

Well you were kept busy, I feel your pain on the sticky finger marks! I bet Steve's food was as yummy as ever.

As for the tag - simply divine. Loving those pp colours and your distinguished gentleman.
Hugs Cherry xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the way you imported the tag the texture is fabulous and I love the time traveller on it.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Lilian said...

Tag is lovely Kathy, Zac is a cuty thats for sure, Great pictures, Hugs
lilian

Craftyrose said...

Fabby Tag Kathy and lovely photos too. xx

Annie said...

Great Tag Kathy.........I love your work :)

Love and hugs

Annie xxx

Claire said...

Gorgeous tag Kathy, love all the embossing and those colours look fab. thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx