I have a couple of craft projects in mind. AND there will be a trip to the lovely Raj's at some point too!
Now, Wynneth's a bit of a laugh-er ....... and we usually have a great time - I just have to HOPE she does NOT wear mascara otherwise, it's ..... Alice Cooper .... LOOK OUT! Do check back after the weekend when I hope to have some WIP photos as well as a peek at the finished (or nearly finished - depends how we get on) project/s
Before I share those projects, I have another make to share with you, recent readers may recall a mojo free Wednesday when I said that I needed to make a wedding card? Well I finally got off my bum and finished it - what do you think?
|The coordinating envelope|
- 8" fancy cut square 300 gsm card and matching sized envelope
- Unknown flourish stamped twice using versamark ink and pan pastel in violet brushed over and set using hairspray
- On to white card I stamped the Habico image using Colorbox violet pigment ink and then a WOW tinsel embossing powder (a Christmas gift from a pal, thanks Wynneth!
- Matting card in black, aubergine and lilac (the aubergine and lilac were edged with a Martha Stewart punch from a PATP set)
- Stampers Anonymous frame, stamped on to white card, using Memento grape jelly. The sentiment was stamped centrally within the frame, using Versafine onyx black before matting on to black, aubergine and lilac offcuts
- Lilac gemstones used to highlight the flourish curlicues
- As you can see, I used the image and sentiment on the envelope too. The insert features the same image and the Imagine That "on your special day" sentiment in Colorbox violet
Coincidentally, the new challenge over at the CRAFT challenge blog is "HERE COMES THE BRIDE" and I think this card will do nicely for that challenge, don't you?
And now for the projects I plan to work on with my weekend guest .....
|A plain IKEA light wood framed mirror, gesso'd and ready to roll!|
|A mini journal - pocket size!|
Got any ideas for how we might decorate these? I've modelling paste, stencils, acrylic paints, dylusions inks, lots of stamps and embellishments - we really OUGHT to be able to come up with something!
There's a new challenge blog being launched today and it's called CRAFTSTOOCHALLENGE YOU and their first challenge is entitled "Choose your era" with a twist of "Anything goes" - oooh, sounds like fun, wonder if my weekend project might be adapted ............?
I dedicate today's Friday Funny to my friend, Lauren, who is expecting the arrival of a new puppy on Monday!!!
Subject: Dog Pack Attacks alligator In Florida
Please read from the beginning, don't skip to the end first!!!!!!!
Dog Pack Attacks Gator In FloridaBe sure to read to the end - it's surprising!
At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.
The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate of the predators and normally considered the "apex predator", can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and "survival of the pack mentality" bred into the canines.
See the remarkable photograph below courtesy of Nature Magazine.
Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator, preventing it from breathing, while another dog has a hold on the tail to keep it from thrashing. The third dog attacks the soft underbelly of the gator.
Not for the squeamish,;
Happy Friday - have a great weekend!, I KNOW we will .... see you Sunday, Cherry, Debs and Lauren - don't forget your credit card and packed lunch!