Another warm day appears to have dawned over the Purple Palace and I'm struggling to keep my cool - now I know how the wicked with felt in the Wizard of Oz as she melted! Still, it has been nice being able to BBQ and sit outside and chat of an evening instead of huddling up inside glued to the TV! I've discovered the crows pass over our house in the evening too, fortunately, we're not on their scheduled stop list of an evening!, just the morning, and this morning proved the point at 04:30!!!
And now for a card made using my newly acquired Newbury stash - you just KNEW I wouldn't wait long to get some of it inky, didn't you?
|The card itself|
|The co-ordinating envelope|
|And the insert .....|
- 15cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Stamps used were from the Acid Drops and Whatnots set - AD38 "Dressed to kill"
- Image stamped on to a white card panel (and trimmed), again on the front and back of the envelope and on to the insert panel, using Versafine onyx black ink
- I matted this panel on to black card and then lilac card
- Sentiment stamped on to a white card offcut, the envelope and insert - using the Versafine ink.
- I cut the sentiment panel in to a banner shape at each end before matting on to black card and trimming close.
- My insert panel was also matted on to black and lilac card, leaving the narrowest of margins.
- Red Alcohol marker (with fine tip) used to highlight the waistcoat and handkerchief of my image
- Glossy accents used on the monocle
And there you have it - a Clean And Simple, humorous masculine card - perfick (IMHO!). Isn't Algernon simply magnificent? - see the full set on the right, here