Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Welcome to a totally Triffik Tuesday

Hi there,
 
First order of business is to welcome new follower, Di, from Pixie's Crafty Workshop - hope you'll stop back from time to time too. Her blog runs challenges "Snippets crafty playground" where you have to use oddments of things in order to enter - a great way to assist with using up little bits and bobs!

Another warm day appears to have dawned over the Purple Palace and I'm struggling to keep my cool - now I know how the wicked with felt in the Wizard of Oz as she melted! Still, it has been nice being able to BBQ and sit outside and chat of an evening instead of huddling up inside glued to the TV! I've discovered the crows pass over our house in the evening too, fortunately, we're not on their scheduled stop list of an evening!, just the morning, and this morning proved the point at 04:30!!!

And now for a card made using my newly acquired Newbury stash - you just KNEW I wouldn't wait long to get some of it inky, didn't you?

The card itself

The co-ordinating envelope

And the insert .....

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Stamps used were from the Acid Drops and Whatnots set - AD38 "Dressed to kill"
  • Image stamped on to a white card panel (and trimmed), again on the front and back of the envelope and on to the insert panel, using Versafine onyx black ink
  • I matted this panel on to black card and then lilac card
  • Sentiment stamped on to a white card offcut, the envelope and insert - using the Versafine ink.
  • I cut the sentiment panel in to a banner shape at each end before matting on to black card and trimming close.
  • My insert panel was also matted on to black and lilac card, leaving the narrowest of margins.
  • Red Alcohol marker (with fine tip) used to highlight the waistcoat and handkerchief of my image
  • Glossy accents used on the monocle
AD38 Dressed to kill

And there you have it - a Clean And Simple, humorous masculine card - perfick (IMHO!). Isn't Algernon simply magnificent? - see the full set on the right, here


Happy Tuesday

12 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun what a brilliant card and just love that image he he,really beautiful cas hugs Cherylxxxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Oooh, he really is snooty, isn't he. I think he will feature in a lot of your cards in the future.

Di said...

Hi Kathy!

First of all, thank you so much for the lovely welcome and the shout about the Snippets Playground :) They're such a friendly bunch and some of their ideas just blow me away - err, when they play nicely and aren't into making mischief of course.

LOVE your card, what a total cad he looks, snort! Brilliant the way you even did the inside and the envelope too - absolutely perfect dahling :)

I did look at the Acid Drop stamps at Newbury and could now kick myself - a great set! Snigger, I did take myself online yesterday to grab Issue 95 of Papercraft Essentials though with the freebie :)

Hugs, Di xx

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. I love the style of it, Hugs
lilian

Lizy Bartaby said...

Oooh this is great Kathy! What a fab stamp.and love your matching envelope and insert :)
Lizy xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

BRILLIANT! I'm kicking myself for not buying him myself now. I really might have to remedy that soon. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Very posh,Kathy!!

catherine said...

Such a great card Kathy and great new set of stamps. Funny sayings. It is nice to have the summer but I find it a bit some times and looking for a bit of shade!!!
x catherine

Debs M said...

looks great - fab image and sentiment! x

Kobie Fouché said...

LoL...this is so funny...had a right giggle...love the card.

Katie Berberich said...

Lol, what a stamp collection! I just love the co-ordinating insert and envelope. They really make the difference. The sentiments are hilarious!
Katie x

SanDee1899 said...

fabolous Stamp and an amazing Project you have created!
xoxo SanDee1899