Up at the crack this morning as we're expecting a delivery and also it's the annual service of the boiler - hope he doesn't want to test it for too long today - still hot and sticky here! We're advised our delivery could turn up between the hours of 07:00 and 19:00 - couldn't get MUCH broader than that now, could they?!?!?!? Still, I COULD use the time (since I'm up anyway) and catch up on my ironing before it gets too hot or I COULD clear up in the dining room as we have guests coming to dinner over the weekend - or (because it's already warm) I could sit out on the patio, with a coffee and a book! We have a winner, bet you'll never guess my preference!
Oopsie, this appears to be another slightly picture heavy post but I hope you will bear with me, especially since the Friday Funny may be found at the bottom!
|My little box of delights ..... so far!|
|The top of my reel and the Papermania stamp I used|
|And the side of my reel - dry brushed|
|My gesso'd and daubed and stamped canvas strip!|
|And the stamp set I used|
|And here's how it looks before I attach my canvas strip!|
- Mini cotton reel
- Acrylic paint in white and Fresco orchid
- Ranger Archival jet black ink
- 1.5cm strip of white canvas, gesso'd on both sides
- Papermania urban word stamp
- TPC Studio cling rubber Vintage Threads images
- Tim Holtz mini harlequin image
- 7Gypsies ticket image (cling rubber)
- Distress Stains in Tumbled Glass, Victorian Velvet and Marigold
- Penny Black scribble dress image stamped on to clear shrink plastic using Ranger Archival jet black and shrunk using a heat gun
- Alcohol markers to colour image
- Tim Holtz Note clip
- Bead glued in to mini reel and then my note clip glued in to that
- Padlock and key charms
- Narrow satin ribbon in three colours + black fibres
And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you this week by ... Marsha in the U.S. - thanks Marsha! ENJOY
The man replied, "I'm on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late."
The officer then asked, "Really? Who's giving that lecture at this time of night?"
(it'll be here in a moment .........)
The man replied, "That would be my wife."