Friday, 9 August 2013

Here comes another weekend!

Morning readers,
 
Friday again and the weekend starts here - thanks for making my blog one of your pit stops, I hope you will enjoy your visit today.

Last evening saw the husband and I out to dinner - bet my regular readers will know where we went!! No big surprise ... but then, it WAS hot and sticky and we do know that this restaurant has air conditioning - a big bonus! It's Bristol Balloon Fiesta weekend this weekend and Friday evening was scheduled for their "nightglow" with mass ascents at 06:00 and 18:00 today and tomorrow so, imagine our surprise, to see about 30 balloons as we headed to the restaurant .... and me without my camera!! We were celebrating, so there was a bottle of something fizzy chilling in the fridge whilst we were out too - sluggish start this morning!!! Needless to say I missed the mass ascent this morning too - BUM! Oh well, maybe this afternoon or tomorrow
 
I've been mojo-less much of this week and felt duty bound to order new stash to get it kick started again after all, who doesn't love new stash? I usually like to enter the Simply Less Is More challenge and have actually done one entry but felt it to be rather lacklustre ......... this and ANOTHER lacklustre challenge entry and I put myself in the naughty corner and stepped away from the table of craftiness. However, with the arrival of my new stash ...... I could not wait to play with my SPLATS!! Amazing how versatile splats can be!!!
 
 

 
 
Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Kraft card for matting
  • White card panel for my main image
  • Post it's for masking
  • Dry embossing tool
  • Hero Arts dandelion head and Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Versacolour and Brilliance inks in tonal colours - as close to the colour selection of the challenge
  • Splat clear stamps from Inkadinkado, Inkylicious and Visible Image - thus proving you can never have too many splats!!!
  • Twine wrapped round and tied in a knot against the stem
 
Hope you like it, this is my second and last entry for this week's Simply Less Is More challenge and I hope my fellow LIM-ettes will be happier with this one, I know I am! I'm sorry if I've not visited your blog this week - my absence of mojo had been fairly universal - sorry, will try harder next week - honest! I'll also be entering this for the Floral or Flower challenge over at Pan Pastels
 
Here's a reminder of the colour scheme ..... the colours I used look closer in real life - honest
 
thankful tones
 
And now for the Friday Funny, this week it's courtesy of an e-mail from pal, Wynneth - hope you all enjoy it!



Have a great Friday and a splendid weekend, whatever you have planned. I'm meeting a pal this afternoon, we're meeting at Hobbycraft and then adjourning for coffee - FYI - I have NOTHING on my list .... we shall see!! Wish me luck!


8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I'd never have thought of using the splats like that...very clever.
The weekend.....that must be why it's raining then!!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVING the splats.

Also LOVE your mojoless equation: No Mojo = buy new stamps!

Perfect.

Drat, I don't have ADCD . . . I am very efficient!

Happy Friday right back atcha! And Happy Balloon Watching

xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Kathy, the splat card is stupendous! Those muted colours look amazing, and I might just have to try it for myself. So glad your mojo is back.

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, your card is gorgeous! I love the panel of soft stamping and the embossed lines. I know what you mean about the cleaning lol! I end up with lots of things half done! Have a great weekend. Sue x

Sue Bridesmith said...

So there is a medical name for what I SUFFER from, told hubby it was a medical disorder.......love the card Kathy.
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

catherine said...

I definitely suffer from that condition -spend my whole days doing that sort of thing!!!

Great card and love the softness of the colour
x catherine

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card and great FF from Wyeth.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. The FF is just like me lol.Hugs
lilian