Monday, 26 August 2013

Monday again and the start of another week ........... or is it?

Morning
 
And welcome to Bank Holiday Monday - I hope you are enjoying the long weekend, though it has to be said it's one of the coldest and windiest weekends in a while! Ah well, we Brits do like to talk about the weather and the great British weather seldom disappoints!
 
And over on the Pan Pastels blog the challenge this week is PASTEL COLOURS - do pink and grey count as pastel colours? I sure hope so because here's my planned entry for this challenge
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Kaisercraft "Grunge" (NBUS though, in fairness, I DID only buy it on Thursday) stamped using Distress Ink Victorian velvet
  • Kaisercraft Alphabet image (NBUS - same excuse as above) stamped using Memento London fog
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
Of course, whilst I was rummaging for the "right" sentiment I discovered that I have "LOST" one of my fave sets - an Imagine That set .... had I found it I had planned to use the "Hope your day is fabulous" sentiment and position it so the "Hope your day is" was above the panel and the word FABULOUS just overlapping the panel - ah well, can't because I can't find it!! Grrrrr
 
imagine that ... Write Big #2 Clear Stamps
 
I SUSPECT that I may have proved my husband's case that I have too many stamps and it's fallen down behind the drawers!! This is going to mean taking the drawer unit apart - just hope it's there as how STOOPID will I feel if I've just misfiled it!?!?!? IMAGINE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (lol)
 
Have a great Bank Holiday Monday - wot? No James Bond or Mary Poppins on the telly?!?!?




P.S. In case you're wondering NBUS = Never Before Used Stash!

10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOVE that card Kathy. Hope your sentiments turn up soon :oD As ever, any excess can be mailed to Aunty Lauren's Home for Stamps ;oD

clare said...

hope you find those missing stamps Kathy. the two kaisercraft stamps look great layered up, fab card. x

Di said...

Hi Kathy! Love this card - and Kaisercraft stamps are brilliant aren't they. Love the alphabet stamps and it's funny, I've just been playing with the 'Grunge' one here - my very first attempt at Art Journaling - looks like a couple of dogs have been fighting over the pages but it's huge fun I admit!

I might be able to beat you over the missing stamp set - I lost a favourite single stamp last week from a Hero Arts sentiments set and in the end ordered a replacement set. Guess what, the missing stamp then turned up clinging to a piece of shiny card hidden under other stuff.

Still, that's a future prize in the Snippets Playground sorted out! :)

A little bit of sunshine here right now - whisper.

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

great card - looks great - hope you find your stamps -they are fabby! x

Sue said...

Lovely CAS card, Kathy! Great idea to combine the two stamps, makes such a pretty panel.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Sorry about your B/Hol weather Kathy. Although it rained Sat, we've had lovely weather ever since! Baking hot here today too, got all the windows open.

Like Di . . . I've been Art Journaling. Don't believe a word of what she says . . . her first ever page is BRILLIANT.

LOVING your sweet and CAS inky card, which I might just have to try and emulate. Hope you found the missing stamp set Honey.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I love your card just the way it ended up, Kathy! I do understand your frustration with losing the set and I hope you find it is just under some papers.

Thank you for using the NBUS acronym and you used it correctly. I notice people sometimes think it means very old never-before-used schtuff, but that was not my intent. It doesn't matter whether it's five years old or five minutes old, just that it's virginal.

Thank you, too, for your kind get well wishes, my friend. I'm taking it easy and only making cards and blog visits - no Playhouse revamping at this point! Mister is waiting on me hand and foot. Oh, wait, he does that everyday! Hugs, Darnell

My name is Wynneth said...

What a splendid card kathy, I love those new kaiser craft stamps you got (snazzys ?) I think I need to add to my collection of kaisers !

I love the colours you've used and the combined images work really well. Such a pity your sentiment stamp set has gone walkies. Almost as bad as my JOFY birds set which flew away before I'd even had chance to ink it !

Sorry matey but we've had a great BH weather wise here and the last two days have been scorchers - after chilly starts each day.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Kathy, a great design.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Claire said...

Hi Kathy, beautiful card.Love the stamps you've used and the pink and grey combination is so pretty. hope you find those missing stamps and thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
Claire xx