Monday, 19 August 2013

Monday and it's a SUNday!!!

Morning readers,

Turned out nice again! I am loving the sunnier but cooler days right now, it puts me in the mood to craft which I couldn't summon the enthusiasm for during the HOT (hot HOT) weather!!
 
 
So, this morning I decided that I wanted to crack open some NBUS (that's Never Before Used Stash) .... OK, so I picked an easy one to start with, given that it only arrived on Saturday, from my good pal Wynneth - thanks for thinking of me matey.
 
Unmounted rubber designed by RYN

Start simple with an ATC which ALSO used NBUS - Huzzah!
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card, cut to ATC size and coloured using Distress Inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean and faded jeans
  • Art Journeys water droplets by Ryn image stamped using Distress Inks: salty ocean and faded jeans
  • Embossed impressions dolphin image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink. The white card had been coloured using Distress Inks: weathered wood and pumice stone. I then cut out the dolphin and glued on to my ATC using Aleene's tacky glue
  • Kaisercraft sentiment (again with the NBUS) stamped using Memento tuxedo black (the versafine was just too wet for the typeface and would have made a fuzzy impression)
 
Spurred on by my ATC I decided to give it another go with some stash I've had for ages .... A TPC Studio set and an Inkylicious film strip - both smashing ..... so, why have they not seen ink before? Can't answer that but they are no longer NBUS!!!! Yee Haa. This card will also be my second entry over at Simply Less Is More where their challenge, this week, is round and round - hence the globe, the film strip (they USED to round in the camera, after all!!!) and the bicycle wheels ......

The finished card - you can't really see it in photo but
there IS a globe in the centre panel, look hard, it's behind the bicycle!
It shows up waaaay better on the insert ...

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkylicious film strip image stamped twice .... once on to base card using Memento rich cocoa and the 2nd time on to a card offcut which I then used as a mask, having first cut out the centre panel.
  • Distress Ink - tea dye - applied through the mask using an Inkylicious ink duster
  • TPC Studio globe image stamped in the centre panel (through the mask) using the tea dye ink - on reflection, I SHOULD perhaps have used a darker colour but I didn't want to detract from the bicycle image .... ah well, the benefit of hindsight!
  • TPC Studio "Travel the World" sentiment and bicycle stamped using Versafine onyx black ink. I stamped the bicycle (through the mask) to simulate the movement of the bicycle
  • Brown card and white card for the insert and, as you see below, the design was carried through from the card itself.


The insert ..... NOW you see the globe!!!

Materials used: Inkylicious film strip (and the resulting re-useable mask) and the Travel World set from TPC Studio
 
Edited to read: Just entered this over at Simply Less Is More and ... how spooky - my first entry was right next to a card using virtually the same image as my own and .... this entry? right next to an entry using a film strip!!!
 
Have a great Monday

11 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love your filmstrip card Kathy!
Thanks so much once more
Chrissie
Less is More

Sue Bridesmith said...

Great Cards Kathy, and I too like the cooler weather....
Hugs
Suzy B
Xx

clare said...

fab work. I so WANT that droplet stamp.

Amber Holder said...

I love your dolphin project! Those bubbles look awesome :)


Best crafty wishes!
Amber
Staying Crafty

Brenda Brown said...

Great use of your new supplies, fab cards.
hugs {brenda} x0x

mags said...

Lovely creations Kathy. Particularly like the droplet stamp.
Mags
x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

All brilliant projects Kathy.

Really like the film strip stuff.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great minds think alike Kathy - that's why yours is similar to the other entry.

Katie Berberich said...

You literally must have a stamp for everything Kathy. Great LIM card and the ATC stamp that you used from Wynneth is brilliant. Could be used for all sorts.
Katie

Marie said...

Lovely array of cards, Kathy. Love the film strip!

My name is Wynneth said...

Great to see the droplet stamp in action - I just knew you would love it !

Great round and round design too, so CAS and classy - I love it.

Luv
Wynneth
X