Friday, 16 August 2013

Morning and welcome to the start of another weekend

And boy, am I HOPING my mojo's on form this weekend! My hubby's got a model show all weekend which leaves me free to craft without guilt ALL WEEKEND! Yee Haa - so, wouldn't it be just TYPICAL if my mojo is cowering behind the couch till Sunday then?? IT BETTER NOT is all I can say!
 
Yesterday saw me posting the early stages of Clare's week FIVE project of the It's The Little Things, a summer project designed to keep us all crafting and out of the doldrums (sorry, mischief) during the summer vacation. I took my little bird and smothered it with two coats of white gesso and two coats of white acrylic ...... blooming thing still looked pink so I decided that if I couldn't beat it then I might as well join it - PINK IT IS then!
 
 
The above photo shows my little pink birdie stamped with the "cracked glass" image from Visible Image (see the "TIME AFTER TIME SET" here) and Ranger Archival jet black ink
 
 
 
This photo shows how it looks with my Kaisercraft "FRIENDSHIP SENTIMENTS stamp (see it here) inked up with Ranger Archival jet black ink.
 
And now for the Friday Funny, brought to us this week courtesy of ........ Darnell (see her blog here) - THANKS Darnell, it's a little risqué but we liked it!!! and I hope you will too
 
 
Sex And Good Grammar For all my grammatically correct friends.
On his 74th birthday, a man got a gift certificate from his wife.

The certificate paid for a visit to a medicine man living on a nearby reservation who was rumoured to have a wonderful cure for erectile dysfunction.

After being persuaded, he drove to the reservation, handed his ticket to the medicine man, and wondered what he was in for.

The old man handed a potion to him, and with a grip on his shoulder, warned,

'This is a powerful medicine. You take only a teaspoonful, and then say  '1-2-3.' When you do, you will become more manly than you have ever been in your life, and you can perform as long as you want." The man was encouraged. As he walked away, he turned and asked,"How do I stop the medicine from working?"


"Your partner must say '1-2-3-4,'" he responded, "but when she does, the medicine will not work again until the next full moon."

He was very eager to see if it worked so he went home, showered, shaved, took a spoonful of the medicine, and then invited his wife to join him in the bedroom.


When she came in, he took off his clothes and said, " 1-2-3!" Immediately, he was the manliest of men.

His wife was excited and began throwing off her clothes, and then she asked, "What was the 1-2-3 for?"
And that, boys and girls, is why we should never end our sentences with a preposition,because we could end up with a dangling participle.
 
 
 
Have a fandabbydozy weekend - I certainly intend to!

8 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Not sure what you are going to do with your little (pink) bird Kathy, but I really liked the funny!

Hang on to your Mojo, a whole weekend is too good to lose it.

catherine said...

Your little projects bird looks fabulous Kathy. love the crackled effect.

Great Friday funny!!
x catherine

Debs M said...

thanks for the heads up about the pink bird - layers of gesso and acrylic paint then! x

Debs M said...

whoops...forgot to say great ff too x

clare said...

Love the stamps on your pink little bird kathy.

Brenda Brown said...

Your fab little bird looks ready to adorn one of your next projects Kathy. I love the way he turned out with the stamping over him.
Great friday funny.
hugs (brenda) x0x

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, loved your bird, and enjoyed reading the how-to-s. Totally laughed at your 'lift from Darnell', and will pop over to thank her as well. I followed your comment link at Stamping with Pleasure(smacking acetate)...which I just viewed & subscribed to her channel. Something I will definitely try, in my quest to get better with w/color work. This looks simple enough even "I" can do! Thanks & enjoy your crafting wkend. Thank heaven for Hobby shows (in our case - a car show). TFS & Hugs

Lilian said...

Bird looking great Kathy. I knew you would making look great,
Love the Friday Funny.
Hugs
lilian