Thursday, 1 August 2013

Morning and welcome to Thursday once more ... soon be the weekend!

Hi there
 
Today I have a project to share with you, it's the brainchild of Clare who thought this challenge up - to keep us entertained through the summer! This challenge is called: "It's the little things" and this weeks challenge is a mirrored mini easel card - and was brilliant fun to make .....
 
Mini Easel project week THREE - front view

Mini Easel project week THREE - side view

Mini Easel project week THREE - back view
 
Materials used:
  • 300 gsm white card cut in to one piece of 21 x 8.5cm and one piece 10.5 x 8.5cm
  • Stencil and Kaleidacolour ink pad - pastel set. I selected the light blue and sponged through my stencil
  • I didn't have any tiny words so picked three smallish sentiments from Kaisercraft, Crafty Individuals and Paper Artsy and stamped them randomly using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Visible Image dot circular image stamped on each face of the card using Memento pear tart
  • Tim Holtz tissue tape also sponged with the Kaleidacolor ink before adhering to the right hand side of my project
  • Circular mirror tile
  • Three circles of black card in increasing sizes (the smallest being only slightly larger than my mirror tile which I then distressed the edges of, using a Tim Holtz distressing tool
  • Computer generated sentiment printed off, cut out and matted on white card before sticking on to my mini easel leaving the last word for my base
  • My "stopper" for the base was made using the same materials as the overall easel plus a blue paper flower and a white satin flower (with pearl) and was attached using dimensional tape
 
Hope you like my finished piece. Once again, my thanks go out to Clare for her creativity in thinking up these projects and for the brilliant video she made too. We're working on a project over the summer, it should be five or six projects and should all fit in a box, we all have the same box - here's how mine look now I've completed three projects ....

Yes, it all fits ...... for NOW!!!!
 
Mrs B (aka Lorraine) has blog candy for her followers, check it out here


Happy Thursday everyone, the sun is shining again today and temperatures may reach 30°c, I'll be indoors if anyone wants me!


2 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Oh that is DELIGHTFUL Kathy. Love it. xxx

clare said...

fabulous easel mirror Kathy. x