Saturday, 3 August 2013

Saturday and it's challenge day for me ... and some news

Morning  peeps,
 
Saturday's are normally my challenge days and there are several that, time permitting, I like to have a go at - you can see them listed in my side bar, in case you fancy joining me!
 
  • SAD NEWS (for me anyway) the Craftbubble forum is closing its doors on August 23rd, it's been like a craftroom with friends since I joined November 2008 but had been beset by problems since late 2012 so sad, but no real surprise. At least they have announced it and given us all three weeks to retrieve images and conclude challenges and swaps as well as retrieve contact details for people we wish to remain in touch with. In the meantime, one resourceful bubbler has set up "son of craftbubble" here so anyone interested can join in the fun there. In the meantime, to all the bubblers who won't be pursuing that option, thanks for your companionship over the last 4½ years, it's been fun. To those I have met and become friends with in the real world, it's been a privilege that I hope to continue with and, for that, THANK YOU Craftbubble.
 
Over at the Simply Less Is More blog the new challenge (launched this morning) is a colour challenge and this image is to be our inspiration. I hope to have a go at this later but have too many things to do to have a go BEFORE I publish this ..... dull (MUNDANE) things like laundry, shopping, blah, blah ... so I MAY be back later with a second post - here's hoping anyway!



Yesterday morning, whilst cleaning my teeth, an idea for an ATC popped in to my head!! !No, honestly, but I DID finish cleaning my teeth first, before beetling off to put my plan in to action. A simple ATC using images and sentiments from a great set but I thought I would probably never get to use the sentiments - glad to have been wrong!
 
Isn't Algernon great?
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card cut to ATC size (it was an offcut - I am LOVING using up these off cuts!)
  • White card off cut, edged with an EK Success punch
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink (my usual memento simply wasn't black enough)
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots sentiments stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • A touch of colour was added with a red and a brown alcohol pen
  • Glossy Accents for Algie's monocle! Perfick!
 
AD38 Dressed to kill
Images came from the Acid Drops and Whatnots AD38 - Licenced to Thrill set - seen on the right
 
 
Have a fab Saturday


6 comments:

Craftyrose said...

Such sad news about Craftbubble. I can honestly say that I have met some wonderful peope through it too! So for that I am grateful. I have so little time these days and the group has evolved so much that I am wondering whether it's right for me to join up to the new site. In 2008 when I signed up to Craftbubble, you were my first friend! So I feel a bit emotional about that now!! You've been a part of my emotional roller coaster, for a fair few years now! Keep in touch Kathy and thanks for being just well, lovely. xxxxxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sad news indeed. I've made some fantastic friends, for which I'm very grateful. The fun's not over though.... New beginnings :oD

Loving the colours for the Less is More challenge this week. Aren't they scrummy!

Smashing project already Mrs K.

Lx

Craftyrose said...

I'm not enjoying this thunder Kathy! Have you got it over in Bristol? x

scrappyjacky said...

Sad news about Craftbubble....what a shame that spammers manage to ruin it for so many.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Brilliant ATC Kathy.

Shame about the Forum you loved closing. Hope some of them go over to the new one with you.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

serendipity said...

Your ATC really made me laugh.
The new CB seems to be working, so see you and all other transported CBers there