Saturday, 17 August 2013

Saturday and it's craft and challenge day!

Morning readers,
 
First order of business is to welcome new follower, Julie, the first in a while now .... hope you will stop by from time to time. Julie's a Stamping Up demonstrator and a crafting bud from the Aunty's forum.
 
Whilst on that topic, I've had the second shock in a fortnight .... and that was that, in addition to www.craftbubble.com closing its virtual doors and now, sadly, so is www.Auntysforum.com and both within 24 hours of one another. The creators of Auntys (Sally and Rich) have realised lately that their lives have been taking them in different directions from previously and the forum (which only had 56 members) takes considerable time and energy so, with heavy hearts, they've chosen to "shut up shop" so to speak. Whilst sad, I entirely understand their decision and wish them loads of luck in the future.
 
As I mentioned in my last post, my hubby's spending much of his time at the Bristol Model Engineering and Hobbies Exhibition this weekend, which is leaving me free to craft my little socks off!!!

So, yesterday, it was onwards and upwards with Clare's challenge - it's week five of "It's The Little Things" and I wanted to finish mine ... not sure what I'm talking about? See Clare's blog here
 

Nearly finished - just needs the affirmation sentiments
 
 
Close up showing the glorious mod podge sparkle!
 
I had reached the gesso/acrylic and background stamping previously. Yesterday saw me painting Luna Lights mica paint in a fabulous raspberry shimmer colour on to white card. I then stamped a couple of Dylusions floral images on to this card and also on to purple card before cutting out and gluing together. These flowers were then stuck to my little birdie. Once the glue was dry I trimmed the flowers and edged my project with the same mica paint. Once that was dry I sealed the entire project with sparkle mod podge (the same as Clare) which you can see best in the lower close up photo. I also attached two little purple gemstone "eyes" .... It's not QUITE finished yet as I have the affirmation sentiments to attach and then seal with another coat of mod podge, which I got to do this morning and here he is!.

This shows two of the affirmation sentiments

This photo was taken from a strange angle (hence he looks a little odd) but
it shows the sentiment in place and the twinkle of the mod podge - so I hope you will forgive me!
 

It is, however, challenge day so, depending on my mojo and the themes of my regular challenges, I MAY BE BACK LATER!!!

One of my fave Saturday challenges is the one over at Simply Less Is More and their challenge this week is:

 


For our theme this week our challenge is 
ROUND AND ROUND
For this you may use any image which implies this movement...ie things with wheels or which move in this manner etc or in fact cards with some moving parts

 
I fear I've been less rigid about the white space and am just HOPING my fellow LIM-ettes will forgive me!

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting
  • White card panel and acetate, along with a water spritzer and marvey le plume pens in mulberry and violet for the "smacking acetate" technique!!
  • Visible Image clock and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black
  • Craft Stamper freebie (I THINK these may have been IndigoBlu but I wouldn't swear to it) stamped using Memento tuxedo black

Since I used the Smacking acetate video (by Mynette - see it here and a previous referral from my own blog here) I'm also going to be entering this over at Technique Time Tuesday - wish me luck

Happy Saturday, have a great weekend


27 comments:

Debs M said...

2 great makes - that sparkle modge podge looks great! Great effect with the single colour too on the card x

clare said...

Kathy your bird looks ace and I love your quotes. Great card too. X

Viv said...

Great card, sorry Kathy just noticed we made a card on similar lines and even same sentiment, great minds eh lol. Didn't look at yours before I posted mine, eyesight not brilliant either :) Viv xx

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous bird,Kathy.....and I love the sentiments round the edges.

Margaret E said...

Great card Kathy. Clever idea with the wings!

Margaret E x

Margaret E said...

Great card Kathy. Clever idea with the wings!

Margaret E x

Craftyrose said...

Your bird rocks Kathy! Here's to losing your socks more often!! xx

Gay Peplow said...

Your little bird is amazing Kathy, I love how he sparkles!! Your LIM card is just perfect, the background is so pretty! xx

Chrissie said...

Your card is fab Kathy and the bird is simply super.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Darnell J Knauss said...

Great numbers card with Time Flies, Kathy! It's been fun catching up with you and watching the transformation of that beautiful bird! Well done!!

Jenni's Jems said...

Loving that bird! ..and your card too ,your sentiment is soooo true!!x

Margaret said...

Love the card Kathy and your bird is - WOW!
Margaret x

GinaA said...

Love your flying pocket-watch and your little bird is so sweet. Isn't it lovely when you can just craft all day without disruption.

catherine said...

Your bird is looking fabulous Kathy and so is your card. love the splash of colour in the background
x catherine

Brenda Brown said...

Love the colours you added to the bird and the cas card is fabulous.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

The bird is looking great Kathy. And that card is just superb. I am sincerely wishing you luck in the challenge.

Happy Sunday

Hugs,Sarn xxx

Rocky said...

You are so right about time flying! I love the little wings on the clock and the pink colouring is fab. Thank you for joining us at TTT.

Gerrina said...

The card is again spot on the theme! The inking is so beautiful! Inky greetings, Gerrina

Craftilicious said...

Great card and a cool technique too!

Love your little bird project too.

Tara
x

Mynnette said...

LOVE both projects! Your bird is absolutely fab! And the card is amazing! LOVE the CAS feel--I didn't ever think you could use it for a CAS card so now I have to play around with that! ;) Thanks for joining us at TTT--come again soon! :) Mynn xx

Linby said...

Love the little bird with the sentiments around the edge.
Great card too, loving the touch of purple and a fab sentiment.
Linbyx

Hayley Kew said...

Lovely card you created with our technique this month, such a fun stamp you chose! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Technique Time Tuesday, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

Karen said...

Love the use of the technique, using one color for your card. Love that image too! Your card is fabulous. Thanks for sharing it with us this month at TTT. I hope you enjoyed the Smackin' Acetate technique. - Karen, DT

Katie Berberich said...

Wow that's gorgeous, Claire sure has some great ideas! Love the mod podge sparkle (need some of that too -time to shop me thinks.).
Hope Steve had a great time and you didn't miss him too much. You obviously know how to keep yourself busy.
As for CB closing -what a shocker! I got the email yesterday and was really surprised. Seems such a long time ago now but it was sad to read.
Have a great day Kathy...
Katie

Ellen said...

Fabulous card! I love that image with the smackin' acetate technique. Thanks for joining us at TTT!

Katy said...

Your bird is fabulous! And so is your card! Great job on the smackin' acetate technique and great stamp choice! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday. :)

Louise van Vuren said...

This is a beautiful card - love the pink and the fun clock stamp- a great use of the technique. Thanks for joining us this month at TTT

Louise xx