Saturday, 10 August 2013

Saturday once more .....

Morning peeps,

It's Balloon Fiesta weekend here this weekend but this morning's balloons were some way from us and even my zoomiest zoom setting resulted in pinheads hardly visible so ..... no pix this morning, nice day for it though, if you were up there! I still have another three chances so - just maybe!
 
For my regular readers who follow my ATC swap (with a buddy on the Isle of Skye) you will be pleased to hear that I received a new set of materials yesterday ..... "what did you get?" I hear you cry ......
 
Image by Art Impressions - some may remember my materials last exchange were the back view of this image!
 
Hmmm - now, what to make? This is what I made with the last set of materials (you can see the back view is pretty fab ..... but how to make the front view just as cute!
 
LAST MONTH'S MAKE
 
Hope you will stop by again and see how it turned out!
 
Simply Less Is More have set a new challenge this week and it is: NUMBERS - additionally, this week's challenge is the dreaded One Layer Card - glad I spotted that before I started, some weeks I've missed that bit till I've gone to enter!! OOOPS! I was going to enter one or both of these but I'm REALLY not sufficiently satisfied with either so will be having another go later ....



Materials used:
  • 11cm square card and matching sized envelope
  • Close to my Heart number image stamped using Memento London Fog
  • Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Memento Rosebud

And my second attempt - I QUITE like them both - which do you prefer?



Materials used:
  • 11cm square card and matching sized envelope
  • Visible Image barbed wire image stamped using Memento London Fog
  • Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped using Memento Rosebud

THIRD time lucky - I think I prefer this one ..... by a mile! Hope you will too - THIS one I think I will enter over at Simply Less Is More!!!



Materials used:
  • 11cm square card and matching sized envelope
  • Post Its to mask
  • Distress Ink in tumbled glass applied using an Ink Duster
  • Visible Image "ink splats" stamped using Distress Inks in tumbled glass, broken china and weathered wood
  • Paper Mania and Inkadinkado "29's" stamped using Memento Mediterranean Blue
  • Visible Image barbed wire stamped twice and Cats Pyjamas sentiment once, using Memento Paris Dusk

Have a great Saturday



14 comments:

Sandra said...

Great cards, love the barbed wire!
Sandra

Margaret said...

I like them both too Kathy - can't choose a favourite!
Margaret x

Sue said...

I like all three of your LIM cards, Kathy, great stamping and layouts! Have a great weekend. Sue x

Glittertastic said...

Great efforts - I think my fave is the second one - I just love the barbed wire!

Sharon
x

Gay Peplow said...

Ha! You often make me smile Kathy, love your many attempts, bingo they all turned out great! I do however have a favourite and it's the simplicity of your second that does it for me :D Have a great weekend, x

Debs M said...

they are all fab Kathy - but my fave is the 3rd one x

scrappyjacky said...

Love all the cards....but the second one is my favourite.

catherine said...

Great card Kathy. Waiting to see your what you do with your Atc challenge pieces. last one looks great
x catherine

GinaA said...

So like the pink sentiment with the grey wire, perfectly CAS and very smart.

Will try to pop back to see how your little girl card front turned out. Brilliant stamps.

Lilian said...

Hello Kathy. I love all your cards but the fave is the third. Love the coloured pane. Hugs
lilian

Jan Ltc said...

Great cards! xx Jan

Chrissie said...

What a fun sentiment Kathy!
Super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gerrina said...

What a productivity! The cards are all so beautiful and so nice clean! I prefere the first and the last card (don´t know why...) Inky greetings, Gerrina

Jen said...

great set of cards kathy
So sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us
Jen x
"Less Is More"