Sunday, 25 August 2013

Second post Sunday!!! Woo Hoo

Hello again, second post from me - been a while since I've done that, does this mean that Mr Mojo has finally finished his travels I wonder!!! I know many people suffering the same lack of enthusiasm and I'm blaming the weather!!! And why not? It's not like it can defend itself!
 
Here we are at the 25th of August and a new Rudolph Day challenge. My regular readers will recall that I normally enter Rudolph Day challenges in several places but that two of these "places" recently deleted themselves from t'interweb, leaving me wondering how to keep up with my Christmas stash. No need to panic as Craftbubble 2½ was started up as the other two were closing their virtual doors ...... Huzzah, challenges simply transferred to there instead and so, here is my make for the CB2½ inaugural Rudolph Day challenge, set by Cherry with her theme of: "USE RED and PAPER PIECING! .....
 
The challenge card
The insert and reverse of the envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 12½cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting and insert
  • 10½cm square piece of white card for insert, 7½cm diameter circle
  • Inkadinkado Santa image stamped on to die cut circle, Kanban silver card offcut and DCWV red offcut, and envelope, using Versafine onyx black ink and on to the insert panel using Memento London fog. I then cut out the hat section from the red and the beard and pom pom from the kanban card and paper pieced (using dimensional foam when siting the pom pom)
  • 10½ x 8½cm panel  and 9cm diameter scalloped circle cut from DCWV (Ho Ho Ho) paper ..... I positioned the image panel lower than centre so that two Ho's are visible above Santa's head - not that you can probably pick up that detail in the photo!
  • 10 x 8 cm panel of black card (for contrast) and then the rest of the gorgeous foiled Kanban card (a remnant from a QVC Christmas TSV that I have been "saving" as too good to use!!!) which just happened to be 9½ x 7½cm and perfect for layering!
  • Two lengths of red/white bakers twine tied in to an offcentre knot
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped on to envelope and insert using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight!
 
Of course, the lovely Sarn over at Stamping for Pleasure also hosts a Rudolph Day, and Di over at Pixies Crafty Workshop hosts a snippet challenge and (since I used a number of "snippets") I shall be entering my make over on both blogs too
 
Have a great Sunday


8 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy. . . thank you so much for joining in with Rudolph Day with a lovely jolly looking Santa card. I really like that little extra touch of twine too.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Always like a traditional Santa and this card is really lovely especially the paper pieced beard. Brilliant.

Kath x

mamapez5 said...

That's a nice happy Santa face. Great card and envelope to match! Kate x

My name is Wynneth said...

And what a smashing RD card it is too mrs k ! I do love that Inkadinkado image - I believe we bought the set which includes this stamp on one of our visits to Michael's.

Good to see Mr Mojo appears to be hanging around for a while - two posts ? WTG

luv
wynneth
x

Di said...

Hi Kathy

How lovely to see you joining us in the Playground - fancy being milk monitor?

LOVE this happy Santa card, and am flapping my hands about that you even decorated the inside and the envelope - lovely touches to a super card.

I also spotted your beautiful droplets card earlier - how clever to use the wee dolphin and such lovely colours too.

Come back and play soon - there are empty milk bottle crates to be moved around (those were before your time I guess though!).

Hugs, Di xx

Mrs A. said...

A real old fashioned Santa. He looks so jolly. Hugs Mrs A.
p.s put my empty milk bottle back in the crate ready for collection.

MaryH said...

I have this Santa image, and my goodness, I've never seen him look this fabulous! You made him really glamorous with all the paper piecing & extra touches you added. Loved the layout on the card, and your matching envelope...well - this one really stops traffic. Also saw your presentation cards, and caught the gorgeous Ryn water stamp. Another gorgeous card! Just love the Santa done here. TFS - Hugs

Lesley Thomas said...

What a cheerful looking Santa Kathy, and I love your decorated envelope too.