Sunday, 4 August 2013

Sunday morning and a fresh challenge #12 already!

Morning readers,

This morning sees the unveiling of challenge #12 over on the Hobbycutz challenge blog and this week's theme is to make a card for a child. It's worth remembering that whilst you do not have to use a Hobbycutz die on your project there are extra prizes available to those who do. Here is my card for this challenge ....
 


Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square 250 gsm card and matching sized envelope
  • 12cm square of kraft card
  • 11½ cm square of blue/white spotty paper (part of a book of papers which came free with Card Making and Papercraft)
  • 11 cm square white card
  • Recollections cling image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink - stamped twice (once on to a post it which was then cut out and used as a mask)
  • Distress Inks: mown lawn and salty ocean sponged on to white card panel using a cosmetic sponge and a blending mat
  • Water flicked from fingers to give the splatter effect and then blotted with paper towel
  • Studio sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Glossy accents on the balloon
  • Hobbycutz die cut (S0000) attached to card using glossy accents
  • 4 lilac faux gemstones to finish

As you can see, the sentiment leaves space for a number but I've left that blank ....... till I know who I'm going to send this card to and how old they are!!!! Ten seconds with some ink and some numbers and I'll be all set though!

The sponsor this week is Floppy Latte




Got round to making my card for the Simply Less Is More challenge but not to posting it. I keep looking at it and thinking it just needs a little something - if you can see what that something is then please put me out of my misery!




Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm C5 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card offcuts
  • Kraft card panel edged with EK Success punch and then edged with vintage photo
  • Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Pumice Stone, Tea Dye and Vintage Photo
  • Crafty Individuals image - CI197 - stamped using Memento rich cocoa, edged with mustard seed and pumice stone before matting on to another layer with mustard seed and tea dye

This week was a colour and photo challenge .... see below

thankful tones

Pan Pastels have launched their new challenge and it is: FLORAL or FLOWER, in case you feel like entering. You don't have to use Pan Pastels in order to enter but you do have the chance to win some!

Have a great Sunday


9 comments:

The Crafty Laydee said...

Hi Kathy,Love your Leo lion card-how cute!I really like your stamped LIM image-great use of those colours this week.In reply to your question,i don't think it needs anything else adding :)it's really lovely as it is.
Have a great day,
Nessa xx

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy - love that sentiment! x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Aww . . . sweet child's card with the lion on. And I LOVE that "I'm this many today" stamp - CUTE!

As for your LIM card . . . well it's great as it is. Perhaps you could add the grey colour they've listed somewhere? What about a grey die cut swirl or leaf or something at a jaunty angle???? I dunno . . .

There again . . . every time I try and picture adding something to your card . . . I think NO . . . JUST LEAVE IT AS IT IS . . .it's SOOO CAS and LOVELY! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

I think you have the colours beautifully on the second card - but no sentiment?

Love the sentiment on the child's card, where on earth do you find them?

Chrissie said...

Love the LIM card Kathy, I think I may have a somewhat similar stamp somewhere... I must have a look!
Sorry I didn't get around to visit last week!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

serendipity said...

All lovely, Lion with a balloon - fab
And your LIM trees are great just as they are

Linby said...

Cute lion and I love the "I am this many".
Great LIM card too, a very tranquil scene
Linbyx

Jen said...

Kathy you lim card so so cute i love the notebook edge

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Sue said...

Hi Kathy, your LIM card is lovely. That trees stamp is gorgeous, LOVE how you used the colours and the notebook edge. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your nice comment, much appreciated! Have a great day. Hugs, Sue x