Friday, 2 August 2013

The weekend (and the Friday Fun) starts here!

Morning readers
 
Blooming hot yesterday wasn't it? I was found in front of a fan most of the day! Didn't get any crafting done either - too blooming hot to be stood in front of an enormous piece of glass with the sun beating down on it - do I look CRAZY ......... DON'T answer that, it was one of those rhetorical questions!

Welcome to new follower, MaryH, glad to see you and hope you will stop by from time to time.

Up with the lark this morning as hubby had an appointment. I was hoping to have gotten creative with the headstart on the day but have a feeling I may just go back to bed by the time this scheduled post kicks in!! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I set off with the best of intentions but quickly discovered there are penalties to crafting whilst tired!!! Nothing works as you hoped and you become VERY clumsy!



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Lilac card offcut stamped with my WOW! baroque flourish and versamark ink
  • Pan pastels in Violet, Violet shade and yellow ochre and set with hairspray
  • IndigoBlu stamp (free with craft stamper) stamped on to white card offcut using Memento tuxedo black and coloured with alcohol markers and pan pastels
  • Image panel mounted on to an offcut of magenta mirri card and then black
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped (in two halves) using Memento tuxedo black ink

Hope you like it.
 
 
And, over on the Aunty's forum Jo has set a monthly challenge which is a BINGO card - pick a line in any direction and make a card using those elements
 
You must be a member of this forum to enter
This image is copyrighted to Jo
 
Of course, I MAY just not tackle that till later!!!

And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you this week by ..... Pat, thanks Pat! It came in e-mail form and was entitled ... "I DON'T KNOW WHY I DIDN'T FIGURE THIS OUT SOONER!"
 
....It's the shampoo we use in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and (duh!) printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning , "FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY."
...NO wonder I have been gaining weight!!!
 
Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using Sunlight dishwash liquid instead.
 
Its label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."
Problem solved!

 
If I don't answer the phone...I'll be in the shower!
 
 
Have a great weekend peeps


10 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

GREAT card Kathy. Like the colouring and the background is luscious.

Good Friday Funny too! Now I know where I'm going wrong!

Oh . . . and which fan were you standing in front of? It wasn't me and I'm a fan of yours! LOL! xxx

scrappyjacky said...

I know exactly what you mean about 'tired' crafting!!
Love today's funny.

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL. Lovely ATC and, as ever, a great Friday Funny. I wondered why I couldn't shift those stubborn pounds... and all this time I've been thinking it was the CAKE!!! :oD

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty card Kathy, and a great funny too. You should have been here yesterday, it didn't get above 20C.

Di said...

Super card Kathy. You did make me laugh with your frontage comment over at Sarn's blog today - don't tell me you've got fan-dancing on the brain!

Super funny as well - am off to the supermarket now to look for that washing up liquid :)

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

great make and love the ff - if only it was that easy x

Viv said...

Great card again Kathy,beautiful image and colouring.Love your Friday funny, he he to think I have also been using the wrong shampoo too, what an idiot I am :) Viv xx

catherine said...

Great card Kathy and lovely colours. Hope your not too tired for the rest of today and catch a few winks!!!
Great funny Friday too!
x catherine

Lilian said...

great card Kathy. Love the friday Funny Hugs
lilian

serendipity said...

Duh!! it was the shampoo wot done it! Why did I think it was wine?
Lovely ATC