Monday, 5 August 2013

Welcome to Monday

Right, who else THOUGHT the weather might have been nice over the weekend and had a BBQ arranged? So, just me was it then? Saturday, hubby and I reviewed the forecast and rang our guests to advise them they had another two hours primping time as we'd be indoors Sunday!
 
Instead of a glorious summer evening BBQ we were huddled indoors whilst it blew a gale outside and the rain came down in stair rods! And, in the hottest part of the day it was a glorious 16°c/61°f - what a blooming change from last week when we couldn't get cool and ....... how quickly we want it back again and start muttering "summer! What blooming summer?" - never happy about our weather are we!!!

Still, the evening went well and we had NO LEFTOVERS!, other than one errant green bean we found to have effected an escape from the dish and was "cowering" underneath!! I suspect the birds will have made short work of it this morning!
 
My regular followers and readers will probably recall that I posted that one of my fave crafting forums is closing its doors after 4½ years - no surprise but ... SUCH a shame as I have made such a fantastic array of new friends and been lucky enough to meet some in the real world too. I'm a member of a couple of other forums too but this forum family were special. One enterprising individual had seen the writing on the wall (must be the spammers!) and has subsequently set up a new forum and I've noticed huge numbers migrating (like birds heading south for winter) to this new forum - might see you there then! Anyway, the point of this story was that one of my bubble buddies was moved to set a challenge entitled "BUBBLES" in honour of the departing forum and I went with a tongue (firmly) in cheek card .....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • White card panel with the edges coloured using Distress Ink in chipped sapphire
  • Slightly smaller white card panel brushed lightly over with an Inkylicious ink duster and D.I. tumbled glass
  • Inkadinkado clear stamp image stamped over tumbled glass panel multiple times using tumbled glass ink
  • Stampendous crafting Changito stamped on to white card using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • DCWV deep blue linen effect panel to mat my image panel
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • I generated the text box on my P.C. with BYE BYE BUBBLE! in the middle though I strongly suspect that this won't stay on the card as I've not stuck it down! It was just a bit of fun!
 
Hope you like it and I hope Lauren and my other challengees will too! However, we ARE our own worst critics so I decided to have another go at this challenge and, wouldn't you know it? I'm not really a whole lot happier with this either .... so sorry Lauren.



Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Penny Black "bubbles" image (recently acquired at Newbury but not previously inked, till now) stamped using Memento Bahama Blue ink
  • Studiog frame stamped using Memento Bahama Blue ink and cut out.
  • Hampton Art "fish with balloon" image stamped twice using Memento tuxedo black ink.
  • Alcohol markers to colour the balloon from one image and the whole of the other
  • I layered the frame over the fish and then added the extra balloon, using dimensional sticky pads

I'm thinking Birthday card for this one ....... what do you think? My mojo's plainly gone walkabout again so I'm also thinking I may take a break from crafting for a couple of days ....... see you Friday for the Friday Funny!
 
 
Happy Monday - have a great week


8 comments:

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Lovely bubbly cards! xxx

serendipity said...

Love them both - you're too hard on yourself!

scrappyjacky said...

I agree....lovely bubbly cards.

catherine said...

Fabulous cards Kathy
x catherine

Alizabethy said...

What a pair of fun cards!

Lilian said...

Love both cards Kathy. Love the sentiment on the first. Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

I like both of them, so well done for having a 'go'. I know you love a challengs

My name is Wynneth said...

Such a huge pity that CB is closing, I do hope we can keep this lovely group going during/after the move.

Two most bubble-iscious cards there Matey, love the first one, the second one is grand too - I also have that set of stamps and actually think we both bought them on a foray to Michaels together ! such a cute fishy.

I'm sure your Mojo is having cocktails with my Mr Mojo somewhere where there is no rain, I do hope they decide to come home soon, don't you ?

luv
wynneth
x