Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Autumnal Tuesday

Morning peeps,

A touch of autumn in the air again this morning despite the sunshine, it's none too warm but then, it IS September.
 
Yesterday I pondered whether I could use this current obsession of mine (with the Kaisercraft background images but layered) for a Christmas card ....... whaddya reckon? Did it work?
 
 

 
Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged 5" x 7" card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card for matting
  • White card off cut for the image panel
  • Kaisercraft "distress" image stamped using Brilliance rocket red/gold
  • Kaisercraft "alphabet" image stamped using Distress Ink in evergreen bough
  • Inkadinkado reindeer and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black
 
I believe it worked, I'm happy with this one. Going to try breaking out the numbers set next and am pondering which other background image I might use, perhaps "grid", perhaps "graffiti" - any suggestions? I believe I own MOST of their background range now so plenty of choice! I MIGHT try brighter reds and greens too - who knows? But it's fair to say that I am LOVING this technique and just hope that I'm not boring you all too much!
 
 
Have a great Tuesday


10 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card....simple,but so effective.
Definately feeling autumnal here.

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Works for me! Love it!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Chris said...

Yep! It definitely worked!
Chris
X

Viv's Visuals said...

Love this - great card.

Di said...

Fabulous card Kathy - love the background, just perfect for that gorgeous reindeer.

Hugs, Di xx

Debs M said...

it looks great Kathy x

Lesley Thomas said...

It's working a treat Kathy, and all of your other ideas would work too. Keep it up, you are doing great.

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Kathy.
hugs {brenda} x0x

serendipity said...

Yup, it's definitely worked! Lovely card, and good to know you can work lots of variations - looking fwd to seeing them
jx

Viv said...

This looks great Kathy, love that beautiful stamp too :) Viv xx